Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hygiene levels

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

softmee wrote: »
    -by the way,
    do you know that hand dryers are home for billions of bacteria?
    I never use them.
    This is true .

Same goes for me with the touching door handles of toilets in pubs/clubs and will if possible push door open with foot . I also agree about the public transport issue were some people smell like the just had the contents of a full stinking , refuse bag emptied over them .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I think personal hygiene is worse then how people treat toilets. Sorry, but to many out there just SMELL and this i dont like. :mad:
    Public transport became a night mare for mee.
    Take your shower - wash your clothes!

I agree. I find it's not really a problem on the expressway routes I usually take because people aren't crowded together but whenever I'm up in Dublin I can't stand going on packed buses as there's always someone who stinks from BO or cigs. Makes me feel sick :(

I worked in a 5 star hotel in Sweden as a chamber maid and rarely had problems with having to clean up messy bathrooms- people puking, blood or whatever, thankfully. Nothing to do with the guests being better off, I think it was more that it was mostly business people who'd stay one night and you'd barely know many had been in the room as they usually only slept there and showered and then checked out.
    Pretty easy job I thought and the pay was good. :)

I've been greeted with horrible sights in the ladies of some pubs and hotels here though. And yes I think women seem to be worse than guys in that regard. I think a certain percentage of Irish people of all ages and both genders are generally just filthy pigs TBH
    Basic hygiene like hand washing after using the loo and not leaving a public convenience in a filthy state after use and respecting other peoples property doesn't seem to be a taught by a lot of parents to their kids here and it pisses me off.
    Oh and I'm Irish before anyone says anything :P

Public loos don't seem to be cleaned with any regularity here either (except at airports).
    I was in my ex's home, his friends gaffs and in hostels in Germany a few years ago and you could eat dinner off the floors of the bathrooms and loos of any of them.
    Public loos there are cleaned regularly to a strict schedule so they're kept sparkling clean.
    That's how it should be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

Greentopia wrote: »

I worked in a 5 star hotel in Sweden as a chamber maid and rarely had problems with having to clean up messy bathrooms- people puking, blood or whatever, thankfully. Nothing to do with the guests being better off, I think it was more that it was mostly business people who'd stay one night and you'd barely know many had been in the room as they usually only slept there and showered and then checked out.
    Pretty easy job I thought and the pay was good. :)

Hmmm :rolleyes: I worked in a 5 star hotel in Ireland for few months .... unfortunately and i didnt think it was easy at all. I can't imagine whats going on in a cheaper hotels... poor girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

curlzy wrote: »
    I'm a girl, the toilets in my job are always grand, maybe it's just guys?

You would think that would be the case. I worked for an investment bank in the UK. Most people I worked alongside looked and acted the part i.e. dressed well and looked smart and clean but the girls loos could be a disgrace. The cleaner once told me that the boys loos were never half as bad.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

-by the way,
    do you know that hand dryers are home for billions of bacteria?
    I never use them.

Even those cool Dyson 'strip the skin from your hands' type thingies?

Hmmm :rolleyes: I worked in a 5 star hotel in Ireland for few months .... unfortunately and i didnt think it was easy at all. I can't imagine whats going on in a cheaper hotels... poor girls.

You doubt my veracity? I didn't say it was the easiest job ever but it was fairly easy enough I found for the time I worked there, but then that's Sweden where pay and conditions for workers are generally exceptional. Bosses were kind too and treated me as a co-worker rather than just an employee. I was paid a decent monthly salary (as all are) and got about 7 weeks hols. in total off a year. Happy days :D
    Yeah I wouldn't be doing that job here though. Pay would be crap for a start and I can't see working conditions being as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

Greentopia wrote: »
    You doubt my veracity?
    Yeah I wouldn't be doing that job here though. Pay would be crap for a start and I can't see working conditions being as good.

No no no - i dont -you answered yourself. :)

No no no - i dont -you answered yourself. :)

Aah righ' so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The problem you'll find in a lot of cases in hotels and other establishments in Ireland / UK is the cleaning staff are so badly paid but expected to do way to much , in so many hrs and while it's not excusable , you could in some circumstances understand why they are not going to put any great effort into it , specialy when some people make it 10 times harder by leaving their rooms and toilets in the disgusting states mentioned .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I'm a girl and, for the life of me, I can never figure out what exactly some girls do in bathrooms to make them as disgusting as they are!
    I worked in fast food in college and I found everything from toilets backed up by pregnancy tests to blood on the walls to sh*te on the cistern!!:eek:

The worst toilets I've ever seen are always the ones designated for visitors in hospital bathrooms!

Advertisement