Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel for hen night

Options
  • 05-01-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I'm organising my sister's hen night for March this year. There are about 25 of us going to Kilkenny for the night and I'm looking for a hotel. I've already been in touch with the Lyrath and Newpark for prices. I'm looking for somewhere preferably with a spa and somewhere reasonably nice (4* probably). I've been to Kilkenny a couple of times but have stayed in the cheapest place available while going on the piss for the weekend! My sister would like somewhere a bit nicer, and we don't mind if it's not smack bang in the city centre. Any recommendations? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Langton House? Ormonde hotel? River Court? Hotel Kilkenny? Pembroke? Zuni's?

I'm not sure if they all have spa's but they're the 4*+ hotels I can think off the top of my head that are central to Kilkenny City. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Hiya
    I organised my sister's hen night in Kilkenny a couple of years ago and we had the best weekend ever. We stayed in Langton's. Fab. Got a great deal for two nights b&b and one evening meal. There were about 20 of us for the two nights so we had the meal on the Friday night. We had an absolute ball and I'd defo recommend it.
    Have a great time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

There's no spa in Langtons. (heh heh).

The only two places that tick all the boxes (city centre location, spa, lots of stars etc) are the river court and the ormonde.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Forget Lyrath. For a supposedly top class hotel the food service there is appalling. Slow and lengthy doesn't begin to describe the wait between ordering and eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

That's not like them - I love Lyrath, never had an issue there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

We're not actually going to have dinner in the hotel so that doesn't really matter tbh!

Thanks for your suggestions everyone, we've decided to go for the Newpark. They've given us a special price of €59.50 B&B per person sharing. All the other hotels were quoting us in or around €75 and the Newpark seems just as good, if not nicer than some of the other ones we enquired about.

Next thing to organise is a restaurant! Could anyone recommend somewhere nice that would accomodate a large party (22-24)? We don't mind having a set menu and we'd prefer somewhere that did cocktails but that's not essential. The only cuisines we wouldn't be too pushed for the meal would be Chinese/Indian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Hi OP

Newpark has a great leisure centre! Good choice.

For the meal, I'd recommend Zuni's. Stylish place perfect for a girls night, food fantstic and they do cocktails. Enjoy!!!

Hi,

Sorry for bumping this thread again!

As I said, we have the hotel booked for the hen. We also booked Yindee's restaurant on Saturday evening for dinner.

However we were hoping to reserve an area in a bar for afterwards, from about 9 o'clock (having an early dinner). I've already got in touch with The Left Bank and they've no availability for 25 of us.

Someone recommended Matt the Miller. Can anyone recommend this or suggest somewhere else?

Thanks!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Matt's is roughly 9.4 Metres away from Vindees which is handy.

You could rent Harry's Bar in Langton's for a private do.

Oh didn't realise Matt's was so close to the restaurant. That'd be perfect! Hopefully they can accommodate us now!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

There's 2 Yindees - one out in Lyrath (which is outside the town) and Yindees Downtown which is across the street from Matts.
    Staying in Newpark, going to Yindees and hopefully Matt the Millers... sounds like you have it well sorted!

Licksy wrote: »
    There's 2 Yindees - one out in Lyrath (which is outside the town) and Yindees Downtown which is across the street from Matts.
    Staying in Newpark, going to Yindees and hopefully Matt the Millers... sounds like you have it well sorted!

Yeah it's Yindees Downtown we're going to. A small group of us have now decided to go down on the Friday night too so having dinner in the hotel that night and then the rest of the party are joining us on Saturday afternoon. Really looking forward to it, love Kilkenny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭BlackBlade

I would go with the River Court!
    its central easy to find and a great pub right outside!
    lovely view of the castle overlooking the river....
    Ive organised a lot of group trips in the past and this is the one I would go for!

BlackBlade wrote: »
    I would go with the River Court!
    its central easy to find and a great pub right outside!
    lovely view of the castle overlooking the river....
    Ive organised a lot of group trips in the past and this is the one I would go for!

We've already booked the hotel! Thanks anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭BlackBlade

might see ye there ladies lol..

Advertisement