Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You won't be a different person tomorrow.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Thursday: Ran two miles

Friday: Ran two miles.

Monday: First time back at six am - ran two miles.

Tuesday: Up and ran two miles.

Wednesday: Up and ran two miles.

Today was the first day I saw sunrise at 7am.

Thursday: And thank God it is. Up, ran two miles. Have a pain in my knee I'm worried about...

Friday: Thank God that week is over. Done. My knee hurts, will be glad of the two days rest.

In other news, I'm still a fat pig. Anyone got any prepared meal plans I can look at?

• Advertisement

Monday: Another two miles down.

Tuesday: First time ever the alarm went off and I just didn't care. The voice that says 'Get up!' was replaced with something that said 'Get up or not, it's the same either way.' Weird.

Got up, did the run. Many thanks to Phantom for putting this on, made for my final sprint.

Wednesday: Again, another morning where it seemed harder. But I got up and out and the run itself was fine. However, I've started to notice pedestrians avoiding me. Maybe I should wash these sweats....

Thursday: Very difficult to run well this morning, I was out to dinner last night (soup and fish in an attempt to ease up on the calories) and this morning was so tired I was exhausted. I managed it though, mainly due to this being played in the last few minutes.

Friday: Was extremely difficult to get up this morning, and to keep going on my run, but I still felt invigorated by the end.

Aaaand I have lost weight! Wonderful news.

• Advertisement

Monday: Up and out. This week will see me run two runs of 3 miles, so it should go 2miles today, 3miles Tuesday, 2 Wednesday, 3 Thursday and 2 Friday.

I'll also have the chance to cook for myself three times this week, so I'll be deciding portion size and content. I've kept the weight off over the weekend and really want to keep it off.

Oh, and yeah, ran two miles this morning.

Tuesday: Fubbing heck. Ran three miles this morning. I was wrecked, but I think it might be psychological as I was wrecked from the beginning of the run, so I obviously was worried about the length. Still, it was done, and I am off to strut. (Cue Staying Alive music - if you're confused, ask your parents).

Aaand I want a packet of crisps so much I'd burn you all. Think I need the salt, or something.

Wednesday: Two miles down. Don't know why I bother, I haven't lost any weight.

Thursday: The pain in my knee was so bad throughout all of yesterday that I didn't go for a run today, and feel completely miserable. It is still sore, though, just not as much.

Friday:The five year old in my head has now become a sullen teenager, that won't run and you can't make me. Really hard to get up this morning, and my knee is still sore so I kept it to two miles. But it's done, and here comes the weekend.

Monday: Out and running and done. I've got to manage the food as well, I'm y own worst enemy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lis9

Fair play Walls, I'm in the same boat.
    Love hearing how you find it really difficult to get up and go in the morns, but then you always do!
    Makes it worthwhile when you can look bak at those days and say 'I did my best' ;)

Hey, thank you! Thank you so much for posting, I'm convinced no one reads this stuff.

Tuesday: Woke up late, and with a sore knee, so kept it to two miles, not three. I need to buy new shoes or something, the rate of progress is too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Walls wrote: »
    I need to buy new shoes or something

I'd offer to help, but the last time....

Women%20Vibram%20Five%20fingers%20Kso%20Black%20Shoes.jpg

:)

• Advertisement

Horrible things....

Tuesday Actually Wednesday Hurrah!! I was all finished with my run this morning, feeling all smug, when.....

Buzz!!! The alarm went off and I found myself waking up in bed.

So for revenge I hit the snooze button, which meant I was a bit late.

Which meant I ran a bit faster, so I ended up having a good run. It's much easier now that the sun is up from 6.30 onwards.

Thursday: And it is! The wind was blowing so badly this morning I actually stopped on the way to the wardrobe to ask myself if I really DID have to go running this morning. But the idea of posting up on this thread that I didn't was actually what kept me going, and yes, another two miles down.

Thanks to Phantom FM for playing this, by the way, made me sprint like an idiot. Pantpantpant

Friday: Morning, all you beautiful people! And it's Friday and I'm done running for the week. After the sprint finish yesterday I was up for a good run today and had a good pace for most of it.

I'm more and more worried about my knee. It hurts going up and down stairs and is likely to get worse not better if I keep running. I'm going to get a knee brace and new shoes this weekend to keep good maintainance going. I'm also keeping close eye on the diet, I've plateaued for ages and I'm due a few pounds at this stage.

Wish me luck!

Monday: And two miles done. I've seen my running improve since I started to include sprints into the run, I move a lot better. It seems to have woken up my muscles.

Tried on those web foot thingies over the weekend, couldn't get them on my feet. Bah.

Have figured out a new target; ultimately I want to run 4/3/4/3/4 miles. The next immediate goal is three miles, five days a week.

Tomorrow is another day, Scarlett.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mavisoc

Walls, you're doing mighty! I'm going to follow your log as I only managed to get out at 6.45am one morning 2 weeks ago and have been using the rotten weather as an excuse since. So that's it as of tomorrow morning (bright & early!) I'll attempt the two miles................:eek:

mavisoc wrote: »
    Walls, you're doing mighty! I'm going to follow your log as I only managed to get out at 6.45am one morning 2 weeks ago and have been using the rotten weather as an excuse since. So that's it as of tomorrow morning (bright & early!) I'll attempt the two miles................:eek:

Thank you so, so much, you're really sweet to say so. How did you do, did you go runnng?

Tuesday: A surprisingly organised day; up and out by 6.15, new shoes, and a three miler done. I'm really rather proud of the fact that I, again, sprinted at the end, though seeing the bulbous mound of mass suddenly pounding the pavement must make a few folks laugh....

And another pound gone! Yes! In your face, weighing scales, you're not the boss of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mavisoc

No:o.............I'm really bad in the mornings. I'm going this evening though I promise. See I was attending a circuits class 3 evenings a week for the last 6 weeks but noone apart from me turned up last night so they've decided to discontinue it and by then it was too dark to go running so I said I'd hold off until this evening. I'm even thinking of signing myself for a local 10k (am probably being waaaay too ambitious but it's for charity so I can walk some of it) run in 7 weeks time. Am hoping this evening's attempt will fill me with such an amount of these famous endorphins that I'll literally bounce out of the bed tomorrow morning. If not I'll stick to my evening timetable :P

By the way major kudos to you for hopping out of that bed at 6.15am this morning - and for the distance, you're making serious progress as the weeks have gone on - it must be really good to read back over.

Also congrats on that pesky pound being pounded into the pavement - in your face weighing scales indeed!!!

• Advertisement

You make sure to post back here how you did - no matter what! I'll be rooting for you.

Advertisement