Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe Mocha

Options
  • 05-01-2011 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Very sad Cafe Mocha on William Street has closed. Was in on christmas eve and staff didnt appear to be aware as they said see you in the new year. Went 3-4 times a week, great coffee. lovely friendly staff. Unfortunately cant get upstairs in the one on High Street as I have two kids in a pram. Anybody any suggestions where else does coffee as good and where the decor and staff are so friendly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

apparently they're just moving.

Toni & Guy has shut down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Any idea where to or when they will re-open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Mocha is where Fleva was on High street near the Tholsel and they've been open there for about a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Is that not the upstairs one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Sorry it is yeah, just read your bit about the pram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

The Blueberry Cafe on the top floor of Winstons is nice and very reasonably priced. They have a lift that will take you up there and have to say staff are very good there also. probably be able to squeeze a pram into the seating area but they have room to park up your pram at the entrance also. Will miss Mocha on William St., always a friendly welcome and great coffee that was worth paying above the odds for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Sorry to sound inane but isn't Kilkenny full off coffee shops with easy access. Mug Shot on James St, Marble city tearooms on Kieran St. Ground Floor on High Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

femur61 wrote: »
    Sorry to sound inane but isn't Kilkenny full off coffee shops with easy access. Mug Shot on James St, Marble city tearooms on Kieran St. Ground Floor on High Street.

I pity the fool who has to get a buggy into any of those.

Although you're right. Kilkenny is loaded with coffee shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I used to go into ground floor all the time with a buggy when I folded it up they put it in the back for me.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I had a coffee in Blueberry upstairs in Winstons before Christmas. I find the new Winstons very sterile, like as if the owners wanted a polar opposite of what they already had... so it's 'modern' and stuff but it doesn't sit well with me or doesn't seem like 'design' anyway.
    I digress... The cafe is clean and nice staff etc but the thing that struck me was the smell (of chips?).... all I wanted was a coffee and maybe a dessert but I found that there was too much of a whiff coming from the kitchen. The smell of chips is great at times but when you're not hungry at 5pm and want a coffee it shouldn't be there. The coffee was good and the rest of the family liked what they had but it did take from the overall a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

femur61 wrote: »
    I used to go into ground floor all the time with a buggy when I folded it up they put it in the back for me.

That's pretty sweet. In fairness, most places are fairly accomodating. Makes up for how cramped they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 spezi

yeah, shame about mocha, now have to climb stairs to get my coffee in the mornings.
    cafe la coco in patrick st (right at the bus stop) is very nice i think. it's quite spacious and buggy-friendly. good food, lavazza coffee and nice tea/cake selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 selena27

Kilkenny is full of coffee shops indeed but coffee in some of them and the service is just brutal. Really like the new COCO one-great coffee ,tasty food,nice interior, lovely staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Licksy wrote: »
    The cafe is clean and nice staff etc but the thing that struck me was the smell (of chips?).... all I wanted was a coffee and maybe a dessert but I found that there was too much of a whiff coming from the kitchen. The smell of chips is great at times but when you're not hungry at 5pm and want a coffee it shouldn't be there.
    That sounds like what happen the French baguette when it was adapted for Irish consumers, it became the jumbo breakfast roll!
    French cafe becomes Irish chipper/cafe with nice decor and coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

Had an acceptable Bewleys take away coffee from the Design Centre the other day. Was browsing some of the products for sale and have to issue a bargain alert for Kevin Dundon Wexford Raspberry Jam as seen here http://www.kevindundon.com/dundon-food-experience.html , a steal at €5.00(mispriced this earlier,apologies,now need to verify this price tomorrow but I know it is high) . I must point out that this was in the downstairs section, to the left as you look at the building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chaitealatte

The staff from Mocha Bagel on William Street are now in Cafe Mocha on High Street.

Advertisement