Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV In Trouble!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Isn't that article about the UK stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

magnumlady wrote: »
    Isn't that article about the UK stores?
    Not necessarily..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Oh no, I love HMV :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Jaysis. Can we not get one decent high street music and dvd shop to stay for a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Jaysis. Can we not get one decent high street music and dvd shop to stay for a while....

Third wave is still there, although not high street its relocating, down stairs I beleive, so could expect a larger selection from them.

Although personally, I would miss HMV if it went as well, could happily browse there for ages.

• Advertisement

From further reading its more likely that they will axe stores in an area where there are a few closely located. 40 HMV stores and 20 Waterstones to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

I loved Virgin at O'Connell bridge. What a waste of a building with a big pile of ****e there now. I loved going in every Saturday and picking up stuff. I wish HMV will locate there and create a huge store. Also have a huge vinyl section, second hand/trade ins, and memorabilia etc. With a bit of imagination they could differentiate themselves enough to gather a loyal customer base and fend off online sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

irish-stew wrote: »
    Third wave is still there, although not high street its relocating, down stairs I beleive, so could expect a larger selection from them.

Although personally, I would miss HMV if it went as well, could happily browse there for ages.

Third wave is a great shop,and the owners are pure sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

gflood wrote: »
    I loved Virgin at O'Connell bridge. What a waste of a building with a big pile of ****e there now. I loved going in every Saturday and picking up stuff. I wish HMV will locate there and create a huge store. Also have a huge vinyl section, second hand/trade ins, and memorabilia etc. With a bit of imagination they could differentiate themselves enough to gather a loyal customer base and fend off online sales.

Virgin at O'Connell Bridge? How long ago was this? And what bridge is O'Connell Bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Virgin at O'Connell Bridge? How long ago was this? And what bridge is O'Connell Bridge?

Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

greetings wrote: »
    Third wave is a great shop,and the owners are pure sound.

I quite agree, however having the range and prices of HMV they do not unfortunately....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Seems like the artistes have realised the only way to make money is with live shows.
    Who buys a CD now for a tenner when you can 'illegally' download it?
    Ye olde music biz has changed.

Advertisement