Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to education...

• 05-01-2011 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I'm hoping to return to college this September.

At the moment I am on Job Seekers benefit as I was put on a 3 day week from 26th April 2010. It doesn't look likely that I will be put back to fulltime work!
    To be entitled to the back to education allowance I will need to have 234 days of unemployment, however I have calculated that if I continue on my 3 day week I will have clocked up 213 days by the end of August this year, short 11 days!
    Has anyone ever been in a similar position? I have thought about just finishing up in work a few weeks early but isn't there something about if you leave your job you won't be able to claim anything for 9 weeks?? :eek: If that's the case I would need to leave about 13 weeks before I actually need to which will be difficult as I will be trying to save for my fees too! Has anyone got any suggestions? :confused:Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Do they count up to Sept 1st? Or up to when the course starts? (most don't start sept 1st)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 monzer

It's from when the course starts, but I'm worried because even if the course starts on the 3rd week of September it would still mean I'm short days so I'm not sure how I would go about making up the days! :confused:

Advertisement