Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2TB External HDD

Options
  • 05-01-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭

Anyone see a better deal than this? (€89 delivered)

There seem to be quite a lot of negative reviews about dud units and the European plug it comes with. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I went for an iomega. It was a toss up between this and the 2 tb seagate ones from maplins.

Peats was free shipping. Both have good reviews and reliability. Another thread might help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056106580

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

Or you could try here.

Haven't bought myself nor have I heard of the seller before but 90€ for 2TB with eSATA seems decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

peckerhead wrote: »
    Anyone see a better deal than this? (€89 delivered)

There seem to be quite a lot of negative reviews about dud units and the European plug it comes with. :(

Thats a great price ive bought a number of these for friends great quality drive cant complain about them. Stay away from seagate expansion drives had nothing but trouble with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

luzon wrote: »
    Thats a great price ive bought a number of these for friends great quality drive cant complain about them. Stay away from seagate expansion drives had nothing but trouble with them.

I second that, I just returned a Seagate Expansion to Amazon today. On the look out for a new HD now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Cheers all. Actually, that Verbatim one with the eSata otion does look pretty good - I don't see it online anywhere for less than about £110 plus p&p. It's for connecting to my (shiny new :D) Revo 3610, so an eSata connection would actually come in handy, and leave me an extra USB port free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement