Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childcare assistants/leaders

Options
  • 05-01-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Any other childcare workers out there feel that serious changes need to be made in Ireland with regard to wages and working conditions. Why are county childcare teams not doing more in relation to setting a wage/increment scale?
    I have worked in childcare position for 8 years and my hourly rate of pay is still the same as when I started. Childcare workers in community pre-schools etc which close around school holidays have to sign on during these periods and usually end up waiting weeks to be paid dole for closures over Christmas/Easter etc. This, along with the fact, that we are expected to attend Siolta training and other training all in our own time. I am well qualified to post grad level.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

hop this is in correct area, new to this and not sure how to start new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

bmarley wrote: »
    hop this is in correct area, new to this and not sure how to start new thread

No, this is not the correct area. This is the Boards.ie Help Desk for issues with the site itself, such as passwords and accounts.

As for how do you start a new thread, you have just done that! :) You click on the button "New Thread".

However, you need to do it in the correct forum. I suggest you try Primary and Pre-school.

Advertisement