Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get rid of some books (Galway)

Options
  • 05-01-2011 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm moving house soon and have a pile of books I need to get rid of. I've went to Secondhand bookshops but they've said I have too many for them to take. They're mostly Chick Lit kind of books with a good few series like the Charlaine Harris True Blood ones. Am just wondering does anyone here know of anywhere that would take them or would anyone be interested? I am not selling them, I am giving them away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Surely there are loads of charity shops in Galway that would be delighted to have them? http://icsa.ie/shops/galway/simon-galway for instance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Have you tried Bell, Book and Candle? He might take some, if you're hoping to get cash for some of them.

But yeah, charity shops are your best option. They will be selective in what they take, as in if it's books they already have copies of or that are in bad condition then they won't take them. If you trek around all of them you'd probably offload most of them though. I'd say start at the Simon shop (mentioned above) on Sea Road and go on like so:

As Good as New - Sea Road
    Enable Ireland - High Street
    GSPCA - Augustine Street
    Curiosity Shop - Merchants Road

The Curiosity Shop always have loads of books, they'll probably take what you have left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

Thanks, I didn't think of trying Bell Book and Candle as I thought it was just comics and records and stuff that they sold there.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Yep, books too. And candles! I like that shop, it's faithful to its name :P

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Also don't forget about Book Crossing!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055897240&highlight=bookcrossing

There are a few bookcrossers in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

Thanks everybody! I'll do the rounds of the charity shops this coming week and see how I get on. Thanks again for the Bell Book and Candle recommendation, would never have thought of that place.

Advertisement