Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

excessive condensation

• 05-01-2011 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

What can I do to stop/reduce the condensation on the inside of the bedroom window. Every morning the window is full of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭youtheman

There's no magic really. You can either :

1. stop the mosture from condensing by eliminating the 'cold bridge' when the warm moist air hits the cold window. I have modern PVC double glazed windows yet I still get some condensation. So have a look at your windows, the glazing and the frames - do they feel cold to the touch.

2. remove some (or all ) of the moist air, i.e. better air circulation. We leave our bedroom door open most nights. Maybe some vents on the walls might help.

3. dry the air, i.e. de-humidification. Not ideal when the room is actually occupied, as dry air is not very comfortable to breath. But might be worth borrowing a de-humidifier and trying it at varyious humidity settings to see if you can get one to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭WildOscar

There are crystals you can get in woodies that draw moisture from air
    Dampsorb or Dampsorb junior is a smaller one. It is a small plastc with crystals that draw moisture and eventually they crystal turn to liquid at which point you throw it out. Used in bathroom i do not know if they would be OK for bedroom. Or a plate of salt?

Advertisement