Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit problems

Options
  • 05-01-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to speak to someone about problems relating to direct debits. Could be anything from the company taking too much money, taking money on wrong date, taking money without permission or sneaky charges.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You'll have to expand a little bit. Extra charges etc should have all been outlined on your bill.

As for the wrong date, if this happened over christmas it's quite possible that dd did not come out on the normal date due to bank opening hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

You'll have to go into a bit more detail. A direct debit gives the company permission to take any value of money at any time during the month as long as they give you sufficient notice and providing the money is due and owing to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Well I'm looking to speak to someone who has had a recent negtitive experience with a company relating to Direct Debits. Ive seen many posted up in the past but I'm looking for a recent example. Whether that be someone getting hit twice in the same period, a company taking the wrong ammount, someone struggling to cancel a direct debit...whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So your doing research, i've only seen one dd problem over xmas here on boards but it was the fellas own fault. (Payment was taken twice)
    Most people don't have a problem with the DD but they do have a problem with what the company they were dealing with charges them as it's not what they expected.
    There should be no trouble to cancel a dd, you just instruct the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

So your doing research, i've only seen one dd problem over xmas here on boards but it was the fellas own fault. (Payment was taken twice)
    Most people don't have a problem with the DD but they do have a problem with what the company they were dealing with charges them as it's not what they expected.
    There should be no trouble to cancel a dd, you just instruct the bank.

Yeah - I'm just looking for a specific case. Ive heard plenty in the past but need a recent one. Direct Debits by their nature cause problems so there must be some out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

This thread was started last month, but beyond that I don't recall seeing a similar thread in the recent past. Maybe try the Consumer Issues forum, in case anything was started there?

Advertisement