Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY tannoy satellite speaker stand - help reqd

• 05-01-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

hi
    i have tannoy satellite speakers of the efx 6.1 series
    the speaker stand cost a lot..40pounds for 2 stand
    decided to do it myself

has anyone done it before?
    any suggestions on what is required, how to do and where to buy stuff for them?

my plan
    one flat wood base
    one flat speaker base
    one tall iron rod or wood piece to link the 2 bases
    have one bolt for base at bottom and spekaer base

does this sound ok?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Your plan sounds ok in principle but the devil is in the detail and the finished product depends on your diy skills and exerience. Have a look at this thread http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-speakers/3282-easy-inexpensive-diy-speaker-stands.html on Home Theater Shack, it might give you some additional information/ideas. Google will turn up lots of other sources.

Locations where to buy materials etc depends on where you are and what you want to make the stands out of - all wood or a combination of wood base and top plate and alu/pvc tube and threaded rod. You really need to find some plans off the net and adapt them to whatever height you want. If this is daunting or if you haven't built things like this before, I think you might be facing a steep learning curve.

It's only fair to say that if you don't have diy experience you could well end up spending more than the price of the regular stands on materials etc and having a few goes at making your own stands until you're happy with the result. However, there's plenty of satisfaction to be had from doing your own thing.

Good luck,

Ritz.

Advertisement