Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite city ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

London as there is lots to see and do i like the fast pace.Keflavik/Reykjavik are real nice too very chilled atmosphere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

No option to vote Cork or Limerick? Although I'd still vote for Las Vegas - talk about a playground!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Cape Town, but only because I live here and it's 35 ish today so in half an hour I'll be off home for a swim in the pool :D

From a non-biased view Melbourne & Edinburgh, spent a year living in Melbourne and it's a great city, lots of great places to eat, nice bars, ok beaches but a very relaxed vibe about the place. Similar vibe with Edinburgh although I've never had the pleasure of living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    No option to vote Cork or Limerick? Although I'd still vote for Las Vegas - talk about a playground!

The options are a bit biased as they are cities i have visited..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

No option to vote Cork or Limerick?

Or Galway, or Waterford...

Yeah, I was thinking that, especially since Kilkenny is on the list... :rolleyes:

I voted for Rome out of that list, though it was a close one with Madrid (the best place I've ever lived in).

Although the best city I've visited is Lviv in Ukraine - stunning architecture everywhere, beautiful shops and cafés (with very little in the way of chain-type places), and it's as cheap as chips. A really relaxed and civilised place, but with a great buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

These polls are pointless as the majority of posters won't have been in half of them.

Amsterdam, from the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

New York!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

of that list probably san francisco although there are 5 or 6 places i haven't been on that list

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

New York. Apart from being the greatest city on the planet, it's also the only city in your list that has a capital letter in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

FatherLen wrote: »
    really?

I'd pick limerick out of cities in Ireland.
    Limerick people for the most part have a great sense of humour and don't get offended by much!

I hate Dublin with a passion, too fast paced and too many ignorant people up there.

Liverpool is a good shout! Great city and great people!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Seriously speaking, I'ld chose London.

I haven't really been around much but out of the places I've been to, London was the nicest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Lagos Portugal, Lovely city,not to big and very near beautiful beaches & countryside :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

yupyup7up wrote: »
    most part have a great sense of humour and don't get offended by much!

In the style of Chandler Bing:

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha"

[Turns to friend]

"What? He has a knife!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Rotterdam
    PoB.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,492 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Amsterdam is a fantastic city, def my favourite. (nothing got to do with the drugs and sex either, it'd be even nicer without)

Stunning looking, the waterways really add to it, great people.
    I want to live there someday.

Edinburgh is another favourite of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Kilkenny? Thread fails on all fronts because of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 djliamo

Definately Tokyo for me :) Amazing place.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

kensutz wrote: »
    Kilkenny? Thread fails on all fronts because of that!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Greyfox

New York, closely followed by Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

New York, with Barcelona a very close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

New York is a kip imo. San Fran is the nicest US city I've visited.

Barcelona is my favourite European city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Berlin & New York but I voted Berlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

I've only been to a few of them so I'll pick Amsterdam. I love the place because it's so relaxed, the people are really friendly and there are a load of interesting things to see and do. It's a really beautiful city as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

toronto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Why isnt Blackpool there its the best city ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

berlin hands down.. love the atmosphere the people and the clubs are the best on the planet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

New York. I love it so much. Hopefully will make it there again this summer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I'd have say to Berlin is my favourite city, was only there for a few days but i thought the place was so cool...
    I'd have to say Monte Carlo, Monaco comes in second, the place is a gem! Then in third i'd have to say Zagreb, Croatia, the place is so clean and bright it almost feels like a movie set or something. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

New York is a kip imo. San Fran is the nicest US city I've visited.

Barcelona is my favourite European city.

san fran is hands down nicest city in the states, manhattan is cool but it has nothing on the bay area

no mention of istanbul on this thread makes me a sad panda

Advertisement