Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite city ?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Montreal is just different class, in my experience. The nightlife is exceptional, the booze moderately priced, the food diverse and beautiful, the craic ninety, and the women, good lord. The women of Montreal are simply astounding. I don't like doing the douchebag thing of rating girls out of 10, but every third or fourth one you see on the street is an eight at least. They're not all slim, size-zero bitches, but their faces are just stunning and they're extremely body confident in spite of the fact they're not stick-thin, which is great. They know they aren't slim by society's standards - or our society's standards at least - but they're perfectly happy with their size and shape, and that's very attractive to me, especially in this day and age. I'd love to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

Ipso wrote: »
    Has anyone been to Ronda in Spain?

Yup, I have. It's quite a special place, as I am sure you are aware. Not a city, though.

I had an amazing local delicacy there, bull's tail. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I had to vote for Kilkenny, but Lucerne and Rome are two I like.
    I can't rate places I haven't been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭buried

Rome is where it's at. Literally every single corner of it has something to check out. If you are into history like me it is Smyth's toystore a month before Christmas when you were 8 years old.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Mine's Sofia, I don't know why this city appeals to me so much but I really, really like it (I love Plovdiv too).

From the listed ones I'd say Power City though, they delivered the Dishwasher I ordered at 11pm at 11am the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Patww79 wrote: »

The council was changed for the city as it is no longer a city council, as done by the minister for the environment. Under law though, it still allowed to call itself a city.

The law says: This section is without prejudice to the continued use of the description city in relation to Kilkenny, to the extent that that description was used before the establishment day and is not otherwise inconsistent with this Act.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

1st. Cape Town

then

Munich
    Zurich
    Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

I wish one could vote for more than one.

In the English-speaking world there's really nothing like New York.

But I love Dublin, and Canada has some terrific cities, too. Canada, in general, is a pretty sophisticated country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

From the list I would pick Barcelona, although I prefer Malaga as its less touristy and not as expensive. My favourite though is Prague. I love that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Very easy to lose the head in those places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Maybe a somewhat controversial post but for me it has to be Napoli. Lovely city, very cheap and excellent food espeically pizza. It used to be Rome until I visited Napoli.

Napoli is cheaper, less crowded, less touristy but still historical and more authentically Italian than Rome great city.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Been to Sydney. Thought it was very artificial. Been to Singapore lovely city with some spectacular buildings and very modern but would not like to live there its very humid and warm.

Been to London very British really they so love themselves you could not turn without seeing a British flag. I know us Irish love Dublin too and have the Irish shops but they certainly are not as in your face as the shops and flags in London.

Favorite city Paris I loved Paris but also love Dublin and Perth.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Was in Dublin earlier. Forgot how filthy it is rubbish is far far too commonplace.Far too few bins too

Best cities in Ireland are Galway and Waterford is under rated too.

My fave cities overall are Copenhagen. Amazimg place and Lisbon. Ditto.

Advertisement