Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England- Travel ideas needed

• 05-01-2011 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

I am going travelling around England for a wk with my friend who is based in Birmingham. We will be going by car and I'm looking for some recommendations of towns/areas to go and stay in/see. Can anyone help me out? The furthest we'd be willing to drive to north-wise would be Leeds so if anyone can recommend anything it would be great.

Mwaters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It depends on what you want to see. The Peak District is beautiful and there are some lovely walks there. The Monsal trail is one a lot of people like to do and the bar just off the Monsal head hotel has some excellent local ale on tap.

Failing that you could visit Chatsworth house or the Blue John Caves. There's always Bakewell, home of the (disguting, rank) Bakewell tart.

They would be some of the Derbyshire 'tourist' things to do, however if your into clubbing and the 'avin' it large' scene then go to Manchester.

If you're willing to drive as far as Leeds then that's a two hour drive North and Bath is just a two hour drive South. Bath is fantastic and well worth spending a day in. You have the Roman Baths, Jane Austen museum, Assembly rooms and fashion museum, Sally Lunn buns (delicious!) and the architectural magnificence of the Royal Cresent. Much better than Leeds imo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

You've a lot of choice if you are starting from Brum. You could do Alton Towers, Iron Bridge NW, Warwick castle and Stratford upon Avon to the south and Windsor with Thorpe Park further south still. Then obviously there is London.

Advertisement