Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots - 75% off Christmas gift sets?

• 05-01-2011 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when boots will change it from 50% off to 75% off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Its generally around the 13th of Jan and I think it happens on a Wed so should be the 12th Jan this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks for that information:) Its my day off college too so think I will head into the big Boots in Cork as they seemed very well stocked with gift sets.

Sorry but I thought Id edited this post earlier.

Last year the sale was due to start on the 13th but they put it back till the week of the 20th cos their sales were not high during the 50% off period due to the snow. Id say a lot of the stock will be gone by next week though so the reduction will hopefully take place then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Does anyone know if the Boots 75% sale is on this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I've read everything from it being cancelled this year to it being tomorrow... does anyone have any confirmation? I'm off work tomorrow but I don't want to get up mad early to head in there if it's not gonna be on :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I've read everything from it being cancelled this year to it being tomorrow... does anyone have any confirmation? I'm off work tomorrow but I don't want to get up mad early to head in there if it's not gonna be on :confused:

The awkward moment when you get up mad early for the Boots 75% sale and realised it's been cancelled.

I actually only live about a minutes walk from boots so I popped in this morning. It's not on today but the girl thought maybe Next week depending on how stock sells. Now, back to bed :)

I was looking on the moneysavingexpert forum about this sale and a few people have posted that no decision has been made by head office about the sale and it will probably be at the end of the month if they do have one.

Worth keeping an eye out next Wednesday though - its definately not starting today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Speaking of Boots, I forgot my Boots card last weekend and spent quite a bit in there. I still have the receipt, do you know how I can get my points from the receipt? Do I just go to any of the tills with the receipt? Thanks.

Daisy! wrote: »
    Speaking of Boots, I forgot my Boots card last weekend and spent quite a bit in there. I still have the receipt, do you know how I can get my points from the receipt? Do I just go to any of the tills with the receipt? Thanks.

Yep, it will say on the receipt to being it along :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I'm pretty sure you just bring the receipt to the till within about 2-3 weeks and they'll transfer the points into your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 elizaphilip

wow thats cool

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

You usually have to tell them at the time that you've forgotten your card and they usually say something like "No problem, I'll just validate your receipt for you." which means that there's an extra barcode printed on the end of the receipt with the number of points that you would have earned and a few lines basically saying that you have 45 days to have the points added to your card in any Boots store... used to be only 30 days but they increased it a while ago!

My mam doesn't have a card so gives all her receipts to me :D but sometimes she forgets to ask them to "validate" the receipt so I usually can't redeem the points :( but last week, she remembered just after the receipt had printed and the girl at the till just circled the number of points that it said she'd missed out on and wrote "add points" - I haven't brought the receipt in to have the points put on the card yet but hopefully it'll work... you could always try circling the number and writing that if it's not "validated"!?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

If you bring non validated receipts into the store within 45 days of purchase you can get the points put on, a supervisor/manager just has to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Heading into town tonight, must nip in and see if it's on!:D Would be great if it was!

EDIT: I rang the branch in Jervis there and the sale isn't on yet, the guy I spoke to wasn't sure when it will be, pity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Any word on the 75% sale in Boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DBF

The Boots near me has 75% off the Christmas things today :)

I went to the one in Mahon this morning, there was no-one there thankfully:) They didn't have a whole lot in stock but I didn't have the time to go to the city branch this morning and I probably would have spent thrice the amount if I had gone!
    Got-
    Gok Wan Collection, 2 fcuk charm tote bags (Gok and one of the bags for me!), (these 3 came to €45 alone:() Oriental set, Elle Holiday Glow, Twinings mug, tea and suduko giftset, Trevor Sorbie Hair set, Sweet Boutique gift set, English Lavender fragrance set, Pot Pourri and some apple sweets.Spent €76 in total which is more that I would have liked to spend but apparently saved €228.38:eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Went to the one in Charlestown today and they had a didn't really have much hair sets left which was a shame. Loads of make up sets like Fearne Cotton's Hair Box thing, Front Cover, 17 eye palettes etc... I managed to buy a few things coming to a total of €34 with a saving of €96 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Very annoyed, the staff in Boots in Galway were removing the good and decent sets (Sanctury, S&G, Ted Baker ect) from the shelves on trolleys and taking them back upstairs.

• Advertisement

lasair wrote: »
    Very annoyed, the staff in Boots in Galway were removing the good and decent sets (Sanctury, S&G, Ted Baker ect) from the shelves on trolleys and taking them back upstairs.

:eek: I wondered why it was so very, very bare there!

Looks like the boots 90% off sale started last Wednesday:( Went to Mahon yesterday and nearly everything was gone. Just wondering is there any point in trying to get into the big Cork branch or is it just rubbish left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I typed "Boots 75% off boards" and this came up, read it and dashed down as my 2 daughters birthdays are in a few months.

Walked in, no 75% sale so kicked off to fcuk sayin all your other stores have it.

Walked out, came back here to check then realised thread was a year old

DOH :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭thebullkf

scudzilla wrote: »
    I typed "Boots 75% off boards" and this came up, read it and dashed down as my 2 daughters birthdays are in a few months.

Walked in, no 75% sale so kicked off to fcuk sayin all your other stores have it.

Walked out, came back here to check then realised thread was a year old

DOH :(:(

POTD :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Oh no! :D

I'll lock this thread and hope that it doesn't happen to anyone else!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement