Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying RAM - Mixing RAM with different rated timings

Options
  • 05-01-2011 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hello,

I have 4Gb (2 x 2Gb) of 1.65v Corsair Dominator 1600mhz with rated timings of 8-8-8-24

I would like to increase my RAM to 8Gb only my exact RAM isnt available anymore, but there is very similar rated Corsair Dominator RAM available, the only difference being 9-9-9-24 Timing rated on the sticks.

Should there be a problem mixing these sticks?

I use my computer for gaming, CAD, photoshop, 3Ds max rendering.

Mobo: EVGA P55 FTW
    CPU: i7 860

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Your current RAM would default to 9-9-9-24. Just go into the bios settings and revert them back, including your new ones. Shouldn't be an issue at all

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Ok, thanks very much, i guess that's that then :) just wanted to make sure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Out of curiosity, what's the RAM you're getting?

Nice :)

• Advertisement

Thanks, The other Ram I got earlier in the year was about €160 when I got it, even though I wanted more but couldn't justify the cost, now that very similar sticks are at €70 I thought it was a much better proposition. And I'm a sucker for things with cooling fins!

Advertisement