Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Help] Burning AVIs to DVD (for free)

Options
  • 05-01-2011 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I have two .avi films I want to burn to the one DVD to be watched on a DVD player. I have done the Google thing and have been led to forums full of ads that I couldn't make much sense of so I thought I'd ask here. I've tried ConvertXToDVD but it leaves a big dirty hallmark on the image in the middle of the screen telling me to go to their site to purchase a code.

Can anyone point me to a piece of software that works and can let me burn my two films to a DVD that is watchable ie. without a hallmark. Is there any free software that can do this? I don't burn enough DVDs to warrant paying for software...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I don't burn that many so haven't much experience but my friend uses this
    http://www.dvdflick.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Thanks I'll try this. Looking forward to any posts from people who have used freeware that's worked...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

DVD flick is the way to go. You can go about it in a more manual fashion if you want. What you need to do is convert the avi to and mpeg2/m2v from there youll need to create a video ts folder. This is essentially what the DVD player understands.

DVD flick wraps all this process into one. Its easy to use and free!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Format Factory is another free app that will let you convert them to DVD, along with a lot of other converting options to other file types. I don't think this will do menus like DVD Flick though. You don't need to buy anything until you try these 2 and are unhappy with them.

Advertisement