Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heart murmor

• 05-01-2011 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hi all, my sisters 3 week old baby has a "slight" heart murmor diagnosed today.
    can anybody share their experiences, if they went away on their own or what the treatment was?
    she has to go back in 3 weeks i guess the doctor doesnt seem too worried, but obviously my sister is.
    thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Nothing to worry about, lots of babies have them. I think it can be heredetary as most of my husband family has/had them. My nephew was born last year and he has one, as does his older sister and their father and their granny. The baby Will just be monitored more closely for a little while to make sure it doesn't get worse, and in the future may require antibiotics prior to any dental treatment due to an increased rsk of endocarditis. Thats about all I know! Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I had a heart murmur when I was a baby but it went away on it's own and the doctors weren't able to detect it when I was around 8. I still have to take antibiotics if having a dental extraction but other than that it doesn't interfere with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DR HOUSE

thank you very much guys very reassuring :) xxx

Advertisement