Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobo upgrade €300

Options
  • 05-01-2011 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Can someone recomend a good Mobo, Chip and ram option for 300 euro budget. I would imagine im in the i5 bracket but i want to get the best balance for my money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

you looking for just the mobo or the mobo and cpu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wacked

Mobo, CPU and RAM.

at €300 i think your best shot would be an amd phenom x4 or x6 don't think you'll get a decent i5 and decent motherboard to go with it at the same time.
    maybe a dual-core i5 but i would go with a phenom for sure on a budget like that, AMD have an amzing price to performance ratio.
    btw are you going to use onboard graphics or do you have a graphics card?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Kevinf63

at €300 i think your best shot would be an amd phenom x4 or x6 don't think you'll get a decent i5 and decent motherboard to go with it at the same time.
    maybe a dual-core i5 but i would go with a phenom for sure on a budget like that, AMD have an amazing price to performance ratio.
    btw are you going to use onboard graphics or do you have a graphics card?

I would of replied with the same answer ha! :)
    Phenom X4 955 3.2 GHZ seems cheap enough for CPU or a Phenom X6 1055T at most, with a 890 series chipset and 4GB RAM. Like This maybe? Close to the budget though might be able to shave off a few bob here and there. EDIT: Just realised 15 quid for shipping as well.. :o

Heres a great set up fas memory, quad core cpu and brilliant overclocking mobo =]

2qvzj8z.png

Includes 24-48hr express shipping aswell ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

If the budget doest not include delivery costs..

147462.jpg

I would go for that and find the extra €16.

You'll have a fast, 6 core AMD CPU, fast DDR-3 1600 ram, and a very solid board, with USB 3.0 and SATA 600.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Is this still open for recommendations?

Memoryc
    4GB GeIL PC3-12800 1600MHz Value Plus CL9 - € 44.17 (Free delivery)

Komplett
    X6 1055T €165
    MSI 870A-G54 €89.95 (free delivery)
    (Same board as Dublin_Gunner's, but I actually hadn't looked at that build until afterwards, so it's doubly recommended)

Total = €299.12 including delivery.

With enough left to buy yourself a bar of chocolate... probably in a supermarket anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Monotype wrote: »
    Is this still open for recommendations?

Memoryc
    4GB GeIL PC3-12800 1600MHz Value Plus CL9 - € 44.17 (Free delivery)

Komplett
    X6 1055T €165
    MSI 870A-G54 €89.95 (free delivery)
    (Same board as Dublin_Gunner's, but I actually hadn't looked at that build until afterwards, so it's doubly recommended)

Total = €299.12 including delivery.

With enough left to buy yourself a bar of chocolate... probably in a supermarket anyway.

Good stuff.

Pretty much the same build as mine apart from the ram (which will perform identically).

And all for €17 less than my build due to different suppliers not charging delivery:)

Defo the build to go for.

Advertisement