Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service for a car in Limerick City

• 05-01-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

I am looking to get a ford fiesta service,year 1999, standard service, oil change and filter change.what price should I pay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Do a search,loads of previous threads regarding this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

While we are on the topic of getting cars serviced my other half's car is due its NCT and has a few issues.

Was wondering does anyone know of a place that will sell
    the wire with a metal nub on the end of it
    (looks like brake wire for a bi-cycle)
    that is used to attach to the lever used for adjust the position of your seat forwards and backwards.

also if anyone as tips to fix an electric window that will go down! but wont go up! it would be great :D

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Hey bullets, last time I had to replace one if those cables I bought it from the main dealer. Only a few quid. But scrap yards like sweeneys or longs will have them.

Your window problem might be as simple as the switch, but may be a bigger issue like the window regulator, or electrics!

Do what I do! Google that mutha, then get on a car forum for an illustrated diy and scratch off a Saturday for some rewarding work. Anything that's not under the bonnet I try and do myself with the aid of ye olde information superhighway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Best bet in relation to the window issue is to take off the door card and make sure that all the relevants are greased up and that the window itself isnt off the rails.

For the OP I wouldnt expect to pay much more than 100 bills for a service on a 99 fiesta. if your any way DIY savvy you'll have it done in an hour. really is simple plus all you would have to pay is the 40 or 50 for the service kit

Advertisement