Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Surf Report to phone

Options
  • 05-01-2011 4:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭

Dont know if anyone here uses twitter? However you dont need a twitter account to do this.

But if you send a text message "follow tramoresurfshop" to 51210 (costs you 8c)
    Every morning at 10am you will get a surf report from tramore (free of charge)
    And if you want to unsubscribe text "stop" to 51210 (costs you 8c)

So its a pretty handy free way of keeping up to date with the surf for anyone who surfs down here.

Nick

surfreport.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Any idea what happened to the webcam? The whole website has been down the last while...

http://www.tramoresurfschool.com/webcam

Edit: Constantly getting message failed to 51210?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

Hi Steve.
    Tramoresurfschool.com is down at the moment.
    but tramoresurfshop.com is still reachable.
    The webcam is up and running
    I have been having huge problems with the webcam in the last few months.
    I had eventually found out the issue and its becuase the software for dealing with its address on the internet was out of date and not working with other things it needed to be working with.
    I signed up a free account with dyndns.org and bought a new router and its running fine again.
    As for the text message system i did a bit of testing on it yesterday and it worked fine.
    However we are using twitter for it and sometimes they can get overloaded so try again.
    Just to point out the text you send 51210 has to be exactly@:
    "follow tramoresurfshop"
    also might be worth checking with your mobile company do they allow you use 50000 numbers as they can be blocked as some can cost you alot of money.
    will be sorted out soon dont worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Hi Steve.
    Tramoresurfschool.com is down at the moment.
    but tramoresurfshop.com is still reachable.
    The webcam is up and running
    I have been having huge problems with the webcam in the last few months.
    I had eventually found out the issue and its becuase the software for dealing with its address on the internet was out of date and not working with other things it needed to be working with.
    I signed up a free account with dyndns.org and bought a new router and its running fine again.
    As for the text message system i did a bit of testing on it yesterday and it worked fine.
    However we are using twitter for it and sometimes they can get overloaded so try again.
    Just to point out the text you send 51210 has to be exactly@:
    "follow tramoresurfshop"
    also might be worth checking with your mobile company do they allow you use 50000 numbers as they can be blocked as some can cost you alot of money.
    will be sorted out soon dont worry.

Just saw the webcam, way better than the older one I was looking at - cheers! With regards to the text system, maybe its the network provider (Meteor), it insta fails on sending. I'll check it out with Meteor and get back to you...

Swell looks decent for this Saturday so hoping to get down for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Just tried sending the text there, message failed for me too (am with Three). Will check to see if it's that the 50000 numbers are blocked.

Good idea Nicky, the new webcam & site are looking good too. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

Hey Echo Sound & Steveire,
    Any chance you could get back to me and let me know if its the network blocking the 5000 numbers or if its something else?
    Thanks
    Nick

• Advertisement

I'll get onto three tomorrow to check and let you know :)

I've just been browsing around twitter and I see they only support texts to O2 and Vodafone in Ireland, so you can't receive twitter texts on three or meteor. Ah well.

Advertisement