Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free tuition scheme

Options
  • 05-01-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I need help because im very confused.

I am planning on changing college course and im in 1st year Biomedical science and im unsure about it. I want to change to pharmacy and i have the points.

I know its too late as its already past october and ill have to pay the course fees if i get into pharmacy this september.

But heres my question, Will I have to pay just for the 1st year of the new course i join, or will i have to pay for the full 4 years of the new course?

I cant find much info on this on the net, please help, Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you only have to pay for the years you've done. Sometimes if you drop out before the semester two re-reg date you can claim half fees against the repeat year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 harmo08

oh thanks, ive just been unsure because i haven't seen it mentioned officially anywhere.

I'm planning on going through with semester 2 first before changing courses. I wouldnt want to drop out only not to get into pharmacy because of an increase in points or something.

Thanks again for that. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you wont be eligible to apply for a grant on repeated years either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 harmo08

oh its ok, ill be able to manage 1 year's fees

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Wow, déja vu, this was me last year!

Except i was Medicinal chemistry, yeah you only pay for one year of fees. Pharmacy is really interesting, if you want to ask me anything about my experience in the course so far give me a PM (I'm in RCSI btw).
    Do what I did last year, enjoy your year (although make sure to pass your exams in case the points do go up!) and then hope for the best come CAO offers.
    Makes you feel less guilty doing that little bit less study :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement