Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance

Options
  • 05-01-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi, im looking for advice on which would the most reliable insurance company to take a policy with? I had a really bad experience with an insurance company recently on a personal claim due to sports and the fcukers done everything in their power not to pay out and they got away without doing so.I was left house bound for 4 months,unable to work and at the time was self employed so as you cam imagine I have a very bitter taste left in my mouth.I dont trust any of them. Is there any decent home insurane companies out there that actually do what they say they will do? I dont mind paying a big premium if I get looked after when I need it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

supermilk1 wrote: »
    Hi, im looking for advice on which would the most reliable insurance company to take a policy with? I had a really bad experience with an insurance company recently on a personal claim due to sports and the fcukers done everything in their power not to pay out and they got away without doing so.I was left house bound for 4 months,unable to work and at the time was self employed so as you cam imagine I have a very bitter taste left in my mouth.I dont trust any of them. Is there any decent home insurane companies out there that actually do what they say they will do? I dont mind paying a big premium if I get looked after when I need it. Thanks
    I could nearly guess the name of the company that you had the policy with, dont be afraid to post the name, I would think there is an existing thread on this company!!! Look don't be disheartened with the industry as a whole. If its home insurance your looking for I would highly recommend Allianz. I had a claim with them for flooding and found them and their claims assessor brilliant. By the way I have absolutly no connection to this company. If you are looking for a good accident and illness cover try the 3 main providers in the market for PHI, they are Irish life, Freinds First and New Ireland/Bank of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

supermilk1 wrote: »

Quinn?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Allianz/AIB/AA/ all meant to be competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Allianz/AIB/AA/ all meant to be competitive

I am shopping for Insurance now because AIB doubled my premium, I didn't have a claim though. Cant afford that kind of a hike. 50 quid maybe but it went from approx 300 euro to nearly 600

Must check Allianz out

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Go to Hibernian. the only company not messing about with their own builders if you have a claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭supermilk1

Thanks very much lads I appreciate all the advice.I'll check out allianz and hibernian.cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LORNAMOJO

I'm with the Aib / AXA and my house was flooded on the 4th of December and I want to use my own builder as I work for a contractor myself and I no that they can cut cornors with out anyone knowing until its to late. AXA say they gaurtenne the works but I think that if there is a problem with the works after they will try to avoid getting the works repaired and try to blames us or say its wear and tear. I've seen the rates that AXA pays the builders and they are very very bad. They are actually a joke. Example to supply and re-paint a three bed semi deteched house from top to bottom including doors, skirten boards, celings all walls with at least three coats of paints they are paying €2147. Also some of rooms had wall paper and borders? It can't be done my house was completely gutted. Has any one had an experience with AXA builders before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I went through TSB for my house insurance this year - based on another posters advice in bargain alerts. TSB gave me 6 months free - so I ended up paying just 300 for the year. Don't know how reliable they are but there was no difference with my previous policy from other insurance company. Not sure if TSB are still running that offer but it might be worth checking out.

Advertisement