Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing the age of a show

Options
  • 05-01-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is in the right place, if not mods please move it.

I bought tickets for my daughter and myself to go to Aiden Grimshaw (X Factor) in Carrick on shannon.

It was marketed as an all ages event. A couple of hours ago the club changed it to over 18's. Ticketmaster still say all ages:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800458FC6605F9D?artistid=1087173&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

I'm now left with two tickets and an upset daughter. Are they allowed to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

You are probably entitled to a refund at the least but I don't know if you've any grounds to get them to change it back. It is a 9pm show in a nightclub so it may be part of their license that they can not have kids on the premises without closing all the bars or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping as I would be with my daughter they might let her in.
    I am waiting for a reply from the club, no answer as yet and the ticketmaster page still says all ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

magnumlady wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I was hoping as I would be with my daughter they might let her in.
    I am waiting for a reply from the club, no answer as yet and the ticketmaster page still says all ages.
    I just looked and it says its over 18s on Ticketmaster. They must have changed it:confused:

I just looked and it says its over 18s on Ticketmaster. They must have changed it:confused:

They changed it about an hour ago. I have screen shot of yesterdays page.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Does it mention anything on the ticket? if there is nothing on that then you should be grand.

I'd say the fact that its the nightclub they'll be selling drink so they saying over 18 for that reason. They usually say over 18 for events, gigs and festivals i've been at but never enforce them esp if there are guardians with them.

I'd say go for it though you should be grand.

• Advertisement

The tickets say all ages. I'm not sure what to do at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

The tickets say all ages. I'm not sure what to do at the moment.

I'm sure they will give you a refund but in the terms and conditions on buying any ticket the license is "subject to change" i.e. they can change the age limits. The fact that the ticket says all ages show means nothing. The venue and ticketmaster have changed the arrangements.

If your daughter is almost 18, i.e. 16 or over they wont ask for I.D. If she is younger then she won't be let in. Ive seen people refused from Vicar Street and the Academy without I.D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Surely if you have an over 18s show for an X Factor reject, that elminates at least 2/3 of his audience.

Is OP still about?

How did this turn out?

Well I tried everything to see if I could take my daughter to the show, but no luck at all.
    What was really annoying was that they ended up giving away loads of tickets:mad:
    I did get the money back on the tickets and we decided to head over to Carrick on Shannon on Saturday afternoon and we bumped into the man himself :D
    So my daughter got to meet him, chat to him and got a kiss and a hug. Even he didn't know why they changed the show.
    Here's a picture:
    http://magnumlady.com/2011/01/15/a-dream-come-true/

Thanks for all your replies :)

• Advertisement

Well I tried everything to see if I could take my daughter to the show, but no luck at all.
    What was really annoying was that they ended up giving away loads of tickets:mad:
    I did get the money back on the tickets and we decided to head over to Carrick on Shannon on Saturday afternoon and we bumped into the man himself :D
    So my daughter got to meet him, chat to him and got a kiss and a hug. Even he didn't know why they changed the show.
    Here's a picture:
    http://magnumlady.com/2011/01/15/a-dream-come-true/

Thanks for all your replies :)

Thats fecking brilliant!!! yous must have been delighted! Fair play to him too!

Ah thats really brightened up my day!

danniemcq wrote: »
    Thats fecking brilliant!!! yous must have been delighted! Fair play to him too!

Ah thats really brightened up my day!

It really couldn't have turned out any better :D

Advertisement