Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What radiators to use ?

• 05-01-2011 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

I'm going to get my house insulated with insulated plasterboard. I have three radiators coming of a gas boiler to be replaced. I was in Liffey valley at the weekend they do radiators but a plumber has advised me not to get radiators off them as regards to quality. I looking for brands etc that people have used that maybe good. I spoke with another supplier who sells Stelrad radiators... I don't know what I should be looking for

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Stelrad are good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

I only use Myson, Quinn at a push if I'm stuck for a size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Sparkpea wrote: »
    I only use Myson, Quinn at a push if I'm stuck for a size
    What do you used this brand as against any other ? Where is this brand sold ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Stelrad are good.

fingers have you used these before ? what makes them good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

When I was getting some dry-lining done four years ago I had one rad replaced (in my kitchen) - the cowboy builder (as I can now with hindsight definitively say he was) fitted what I think is a B&Q rad. It is neat, has a compact look. Could be a Biasi, but certainly looks like the ones in B&Q. I'll attach a pic later of the brand image that's on the side panel, someone may be able to identify.

Compared to the other, really old rads (no fins) in the house it seemed terrific.

So much so that this summer I decided to replace all the other old rads. The fitter advised me to go for Quinn rads, which he supplied. Again, the compact variety.

Now the radiator in the kitchen seems far inferior to the Quinn rads. Just doesn't convect the heat as well, even when it's roasting.

So the Quinn rads get my vote, I am very pleased with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement