Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does 'drop the flange' mean?

Options
  • 05-01-2011 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

What does this phrase mean?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Sporkah wrote: »
    What does this phrase mean?

Very interesting question poster.

Would very much depend on the context as the sentence 'per se' does nt make coherent sense in English.

So we must establish the situation.

A flange ,in my estimation is a ridge surrounding a crack or nook which protects or surrounds the aforesaid crack or nook.

Now, I would suspect that in this situation, a more coarse meaning is intimated, which might refer to a lady's :o erm 'parts' which , I'm reliably informed ,are sided by thickish folds of skin which protect the entrance and
    serve a a guide towards the entrance.

So, assuming that the poster has a genuine query, and ignoring the full espostulation of the English language ,I would opine that the phrase would mean getting your clammy hand on your girlfriends meaty klopper.

I may be wrong here:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Thank you FlutterinBantam. You did the thing the rest of us dry and sheltered English forum folk were too afraid to do.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Alternatively, if you're following plumbing instructions (and some context would help a lot)...

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/closet-flange-too-much-drop-449895.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:o

Maybe that was what he was asking about.

Could have got it wrong.. sorry.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

i thought is was dessert related, but now i'm not so sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

It means 'remove the phase effect from your music recording.'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It means 'remove the phase effect from your music recording.'

Wow! I'm impressed! Does it really? And what does that mean? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Advertisement