Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn vs Liverpool 20:00

• 05-01-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Blackburn-Rovers-icon.png

Vs

liverpool-fc-crest.jpg

Ewood Park 5th January 2011.

Kickoff @ 20:00

Form Guide.

Blackburn's last six at home: LWWWDL

Liverpool's last six away: LWDLLL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Famous away point is what I see from this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Famous away point is what I see from this

Hodgson would consider that a good result, I can see him praising Blackburn post match saying they are quality opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Strong talk tonight will be Roy's last game regardless of the result but we have been on that merry-go-round for a while so not paying much heed to the rumours.

Supposedly team tonight will be the below, gutted at Agger and Aurelio not keeping their places if true.

Reina, Johnson, Greek, Skrtel, Konchesky, Cole, Stevie, Lucas, Maxi, N'gog,Torres.

Edit - Team confirmed Subs: Gulacsi, Agger, Kelly, Kuyt, Poulsen, Babel, Jovanovic. Aurelio injured again :confused:

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

opr wrote: »
    Strong talk tonight will be Roy's last game regardless of the result but we have been on that merry-go-round for a while so not paying much heed to the rumours.

Supposedly team tonight will be the below, gutted at Agger and Aurelio not keeping their places if true.

Reina, Johnson, Greek, Skrtel, Konchesky, Cole, Stevie, Lucas, Maxi, N'gog,Torres.

Edit - Team confirmed Subs: Gulacsi, Agger, Kelly, Kuyt, Poulsen, Babel, Jovanovic.

Opr

IF thats the team, its a pretty attacking line up.
    Is Meireles injured or do we know what is wrong with him? And still no Danny P anywhere near the team FFS!!!!

IF thats the team, its a pretty attacking line up.
    Is Meireles injured or do we know what is wrong with him? And still no Danny P anywhere near the team FFS!!!!

Yeah Meireles is injured. Still no Pacheco but that doesn't come as any surprise, Happy Birthday Dani :o

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Aurelio not even on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah Meireles is injured. Still no Pacheco but that doesn't come as any surprise, Happy Birthday Dani :o

Opr
    Pacheco didn't show that he was good enough in the games he played to get starts in Premier League games.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Pacheco didn't show that he was good enough in the games he played to get starts in Premier League games.

Joe Cole has shown some form this season :rolleyes:

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Would prefer Babel or Kuyt up front for this rather than David N'Gog considering N'Gog's goalscoring record when he starts and when he plays away from Anfield isn't up to much.

This will be a hard one for Eagle Eye to watch with his two great loves going head to head, Blackburn and Roy!

Whoever wins, Eagle Eye loses.

• Advertisement

Joe Cole has shown some form this season :rolleyes:

Opr
    Isn't it Maxi he would be competing with? Cole is clearly playing on the right in that lineup.

This will be a hard one for Eagle Eye to watch with his two great loves going head to head, Blackburn and Roy!

Whoever wins, Eagle Eye loses.
    I'm shouting for Blackburn Rovers, nothing else matters. I think we are going to get thumped though unfortunately.

Isn't it Maxi he would be competing with? Cole is clearly playing on the right in that lineup.

I would rather not get into this before the game as its been done to death but picking the one start he has gotten to say he isn't good enough is silly, a meaningless European game in which admittedly he played poorly but then the whole team was muck that night. I didn't see the Utrecht game but most people said he did pretty well when he came on as a sub.

I am not saying he needs to be starting but the likes of Jovanovic on the bench are going nowhere at Liverpool and will most likely be shipped out soon so why not give the chance to Dani.

Opr

I would rather not get into this before the game as its been done to death but picking the one start he has gotten to say he isn't good enough is silly, a meaningless European game in which admittedly he played poorly but then the whole team was muck that night. I didn't see the Utrecht game but most people said he did pretty well when he came on as a sub.

I am not saying he needs to be starting but the likes of Jovanovic on the bench are going nowhere at Liverpool and will most likely be shipped out soon so why not give the chance to Dani.

Opr
    I seen the Utrecht game and the other one too. He tried hard but thats all, he looks like he has a long way to go yet before he would be in contention.

Jovanovic hasn't got many chances either in fairness. He hasn't started a game since September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'm shouting for Blackburn Rovers, nothing else matters. I think we are going to get thumped though unfortunately.

Me too. I don't think ye'll get thumped though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

homolumo wrote: »
    Hodgson would consider that a good result, I can see him praising Blackburn post match saying they are quality opposition.

an we played well but were unlucky even though we quite obviously didnt play well :rolleyes:

anyway lets hope for a good game, he's got to win a few away at some stage!

edit: why is agger dropped?

Jova has got just as much of a raw deal as dani has. But all i'd to se is dani get a few minutes here and there. Admitted, he is nowhere near a start yet, but if he doesntat least get some time on the pitch, he never will be.

And his fan club will keep banging on about him until proved wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

What exactly are you basing this on? Liverpool are one of the worst away teams in the PL

edit: why is agger dropped?

Not yet fit enough to start two games within 3 or 4 days I imagine. Also Soto should combat Blackburn's aerial threats.

What exactly are you basing this on? Liverpool are one of the worst away teams in the PL
    Your performance against Bolton and our performance against Sunderland.

• Advertisement

Apparently Blackburn have loads of injuries, Kalinic suspended and Emerton off on International duty. Not to mention reports of players being disgruntled and a caretaker in temporary charge.

I kno we've been poor away from home, but we have no excuses for not winning a game like this with relative comfort

Any decent streams ? Seems to be a lack of them tonight.

Opr

Apparently Blackburn have loads of injuries, Kalinic suspended and Emerton off on International duty. Not to mention reports of players being disgruntled and a caretaker in temporary charge.

I kno we've been poor away from home, but we have no excuses for not winning a game like this with relative comfort

under normal circumstances, i'd agree, but this season we have been beyond poor more often than not. 1-1 i reckon tonight

We don't have a caretaker in charge. We do have some injuries. Have to be honest I'd have fancied our chances with Big Sam but not now. There was only one rumour of a disgruntled player and that was Samba but he has decided he wants to stay and has been given back the armband.

Our manager is a rookie though and things have not been going well under him. We got a point in this fixture last season with a brutal team by the way. We had Chimbonda, a fat Benni McCarthy and a loanee Franco DiSanto playing in that one. Emerton is not a huge loss.

For the life of me I cannot understand why El Hadji Diouf is on the bench. He has been our best midfielder all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

hodgson has won 1 of the last 30 away league games, blackburn are same level as newcastle who wiped the floor with woys team last time out

if this was anfield liverpool might scrape a win......might, i expect blackburn to win by at least 2 tonight

Any decent streams ? Seems to be a lack of them tonight.

Opr

http://www.firstrow.net/watch/44028/3/watch-blackburn-rovers-vs-liverpool.html

try link 3, its in spanish though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Useless stat time (thanks to 5live) without Gerrard goals/assists Liverpool would be 19th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

http://atdhe.net/31941/watch-blackburn-vs-liverpool

Edit, picture seems to have stalled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

just watching now... is what opr posted the actual lineup? cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Cole jumps out of a challange ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

An awful game so far......

Terrible start from us. What are the full backs playing at? Wake up ffs.

ffs Cole - where's your touch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ffs, same as the wolves goal.

• Advertisement

Martin Olsson you beauty!!! Get in. :D

No more than Blackburn deserve. Pathetic from the reds. Just feck off Hodgson you plank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

ugh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

yay:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

F*ck sake. Here we go again!!

Sopcast link better late than never :) - sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/81774

Edit - Oh balls 1-0 Blackburn

Opr

Oh no....awful defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

That was way too easy ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Feck off Johnson

Thrill wrote: »
    That was way too easy ffs.
    Been that way all season tbh. Manager has'nt got a breeze how to set a team up.

Terrible again from Cole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

**** off out of our club Roy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

doc_17 wrote: »
    Terrible again from Cole

your fixated on cole, only player your watching lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

http://atdhe.net/31941/watch-blackburn-vs-liverpool

Edit, picture seems to have stalled

great stream, cheers