Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn vs Liverpool 20:00

Comments

The Muppet wrote: »
    No wave from Roy , I,m puzzled.;)

He sprinted down the tunnel.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Headshot wrote: »
    Your on sky sports is going to be a very interesting show tonight

The real action will be Sky channel 434 from 10pm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Back down the table we slide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Mister men wrote: »
    Lol people watch that kind of stuff.:pac:

the Comedic value should be pretty high tonight,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

R_H_C_P wrote: »

euggh plz dont remind me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Hopefully you lot have someone lined up to replace him after todays result, would be decent timing with the transfer window open also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

woysworld wrote: »
    chelski sack carlo, west ham sack avram, and we sack woy..... woy goes back south, carlo moves north and avram goes back to Israel......:):):)

Cousin works for the Financial Director at West Ham. To sack Avram they'd need to pay him off something like 5-6 million. They just don't have that money, he'll stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Congrats to blackburn, they looked like they had a couple of extra players out there tonight, always had extra men back and when they broke it was with 4 or 5 players. Do liverpool train at all during the week because there was no movement from them off the ball the passing was just hopeful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

It could always be worse guys. You could support West Ham :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

mav79 wrote: »
    Congrats to blackburn, they looked like they had a couple of extra players out there tonight, always had extra men back and when they broke it was with 4 or 5 players. Do liverpool train at all during the week because there was no movement from them off the ball the passing was just hopeful.

dosent look like we play much football at the moment either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I'd have preferred seen him miss the peno and Hodgson be sacked this week than him score it, us going on to get a result and Hodgson getting more time.

Well done to Blackburn btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Agreed well done Blackburn. As bad as we where you wanted the win really bad. Would be proud of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

R_H_C_P wrote: »

West Ham are bottom with 20 points, Liverpool are 12 with 25.
    It's a tight one this year, very very tight indeed.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Ah Liverpool. Continuing their long drift into obscurity and decline as a club.

On the plus side, the top 5 have never looked so competitive amongst each other. Great few years ahead for those clubs me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

hodgson.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I'd have preferred seen him miss the peno and Hodgson be sacked this week than him score it, us going on to get a result and Hodgson getting more time.

I think we got that with your first subtle post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

So, I'm just back from my game of football, what did I miss??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Roy's final interview should be good. Who can he blame this time:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

spockety wrote: »
    The real action will be Sky channel 434 from 10pm.

+1!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

yesno1234 wrote: »

A draw tonight wouldn't make much difference to whether or not Roy goes but and I know its sad to say we need every point we can get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

I dont want us to be a club who never give time to a manager, but its just pointless keeping Roy,
    he's too old, he's not going to be here in 6 years so get rid, get in a long term replacement,
    Has to be right guy though and no one is available?,so can see roy been here till summer,
    Even after that performance

Unless Kenny gets his chance,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

quarryman wrote: »

On the plus side, the top 5 have never looked so competitive amongst each other. Great few years ahead for those clubs me thinks.

sounds like you really hate pool mate, not to worry a new manager and a few decent signings and we'll be right back up there

anyone who permanently rights off a team or claims things will stay the same for the next few years should be employed by sky as you are completely wrong and basing your opinion only on what has happened in the last 5 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Surely one of the most epic nights in PL history. Liverpool demolished by Blackburn, Wolves beat Chelsea and Leon "Donkey" Best scores a fupping hatrick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

TheProdigy wrote: »
    They are not the same teams, taking out Alonso and Masch is leaving a major gap and trying to fill a left back spot with Paul Konchesky is embarrassing/pathetic. I won't even mention that excuse for a player Poulsen.

Everybody understands that we do not have a great squad but the only thing the players can be responsible for is effort, and their lack of faith in Roy results in this lack of effort and when it comes so bad that some players seem to not care about the jersey the manager needs to go. He is a delusional, clueless man who was in the mindset that he was managing a mediocre club like Fulham, couldn't deal with the level of success required and will rightly be fúcked off out of there.

Sorry, but losing Alonso & Masch in consecutive seasons should not make you cannon fodder and also excuse heartless performances.

There is something seriously wrong within that squad and I think it needs a major overhaul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

quarryman wrote: »

If your talking about Man City you can forget it they were ever worse than Liverpool tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

donfers wrote: »
    sounds like you really hate pool mate, not to worry a new manager and a few decent signings and we'll be right back up there

anyone who permanently rights off a team or claims things will stay the same for the next few years should be employed by sky as you are completely wrong and basing your opinion only on what has happened in the last 5 minutes

Exactly. Spurs two years ago had two points from 8 games and were in the relegation zone until December. No one ever thought we would finish ahead of Liverpool for 4th. And up until 5/6 weeks ago no one would've guessed that Chelsea would be doing as poorly. Everything comes in cycles. Liverpool have a squad capable of at least challenging for 4th, things just aren't clicking for ye atm. Hopefully it'll continue though, its competitive enough as it is up here..!:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

The way Roy wants to play will never work at a big club,
    Big clubs go out to win every game regardless of who they're playing, Roy looks at Man u away and thinks draw!
    Thats not Liverpool, Never was never will be
    Roy cant change, He said it himself,''why change its been working for years''
    But he hasn't been at big club,
    Roy would get West ham midtable, and a run in a cup, i have not doubt,,,
    But he will never win league with Liverpool,or even get us 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

donfers wrote: »

the comparisons between liverpool 2010/11 and barcelona 2003/04 are uncanny, barca finished 6th previous year sack their manager, huge debt load on the club which was wiped out during the season, by jan 4th in the league their record was pl: 18 w:6 d:6 l:6 a record that had them close to the relegation zone at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the comparisons between liverpool 2010/11 and barcelona 2003/04 are uncanny, barca finished 6th previous year sack their manager, huge debt load on the club which was wiped out during the season, by jan 4th in the league their record was pl: 18 w:6 d:6 l:6 a record that had them close to the relegation zone at the time

mate tonight is not the night to be likening us to anything Barcelona. With all due respect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Roy Hodson on defeat......
    "If Steve Gerrard had scored that penalty we might have salvaged it."
    A bitter blow for us and the fans. We are all very frustrated. It's going to take a day or two for us to get over it."
    "Very, very dejected. Poor goals to concede and that put us on the back foot. We were too offensive."
    "All I can say to the fans is that if they came into the dressing room they would see people similarly dejected."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Jayob10 wrote: »
    mate tonight is not the night to be likening us to anything Barcelona. With all due respect

barcelona first half of that season were just as bad as liverpool are now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Less than two years ago, Liverpool thrashed Real Madrid 4-0. Now under Hodgson they are thrashed by Blackburn and look set for relegation battle.

Hodgson is a failure or a manager, he's failed at Liverpool, failed at Blackburn and only got the Liverpool job because he was the English media's flavour of the month. He's the 2010 version of Frank Clark, Alan Curbishley, George Burley, Danny Wilson or Joe Kinnear. They all won the same Manager of the Year than that clown Hodgson keeps harping on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sorry, but losing Alonso & Masch in consecutive seasons should not make you cannon fodder and also excuse heartless performances.

There is something seriously wrong within that squad and I think it needs a major overhaul!

I never recall excusing heartless performances as a result Xabi and Masch leaving, but we are evidently not as strong a squad as the 2008/2009 season. The lack of effort is currently due to the delusional tactics and actions of Hodgson. He is a mediocre manager content with mediocre results, if players are going to away games playing tactics set up for a draw they will eventually get demoralised and lack commitment. Playing tactics where we are looking for a draw is heartless.

Congrats on noticing the squad needs a change, even Stevie Wonder can see that.

• Advertisement

Less than two years ago, Liverpool thrashed Real Madrid 4-0. Now under Hodgson they are thrashed by Blackburn and look set for relegation battle.

Hodgson is a failure or a manager, he's failed at Liverpool, failed at Blackburn and only got the Liverpool job because he was the English media's flavour of the month. He's the 2010 version of Frank Clark, Alan Curbishley, George Burley, Danny Wilson or Joe Kinnear. They all won the same Manager of the Year than that clown Hodgson keeps harping on about.

It's unreal. I still think it's a sick joke he's in charge. I'm genuinely sickened to see a manager of his ilk leading those players.

The rot set in last year, out of everthing early, no qualification for europe and finished 7th with some very poor performances and results along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Disgracefully soft post match interview. No tough questions, no mention of his future at the club. Hodgson let off the hook big time. If hodgson buggered the ball boy in front of 40,000 people I doubt the brit media would say a word against him. They'd probably blame Rafa some how.

clown bag wrote: »
    Disgracefully soft post match interview. No tough questions, no mention of his future at the club. Hodgson let off the hook big time. If hodgson buggered the ball boy in front of 40,000 people I doubt the brit media would say a word against him. They'd probably blame Rafa some how.

Just said as much to my mate.

Think it was eagle eye interviewing him :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

I reckon he told the interviewer to go easy as it was going to be his last as Liverpool manager. I think he will go now before he is pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

I'd love to know how well Hodgson would have gotten on if Masch and Alonso were in his team. To be fair, he got a load of muck himself and a team that failed to do anything decent last season which wasn't helped by any massive signings for what Liverpool expect to achieve year in, year out.

I'd also like to see what a different manager would be able to do with that lot from the start. Unfortunately it's something we'll never know but if a manager that the fans wanted was hired, I'm not sure the results would have been much different.

The players don't look like they are with it at all. I suppose that could be put down to the manager not motivating them but I think Hodgson got an impossible job from the start and he has put up with abuse and negativity from the word go and that would get to the players eventually.

Ever notice that you can start a job and be alright with it until other people start telling you how crap it is and before you know it, you think the same yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

murpho999 wrote: »

One player can make a huge difference to the side though. To give you an example, last season Arsenal's win ratio with Cesc was about 65%, without Cesc it dropped to 45%.

Liverpool lost a world class midfield partnership in the space of a season, I really do think some fans are underestimating the impact this can make!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Paul tomkins just tweeted that the interview was cut short actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The rot set in last year, out of everthing early, no qualification for europe and finished 7th with some very poor performances and results along the way.

semi-finals is early now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

niallo24 wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I'd like to add this clown is no relation

The team Hodgson picks is totally unbalanced.

We play two centre backs who can't kick a ball straight together. They are both clueless and how Skrtel has survived at this club for so long I really do not know.

He plays a front two that do not complement each other at all. Fernando wants through balls and early ones at that, instead we hit Ngog who fumbles about back to goal as though he is Kenny Dalglish and is about to create something.

Torres is wasting his time and it shows. Ngog is a box player, we are trying to make him something he is not and he is not good enough to start EVERY game.

If Gerrard is playing centre mid he needs someone to feed into feet in the hole instead both forwards just give it away.

Last year was a blip for the manager after years of success. This year is the norm for Hodgson.

"Highlights" just starting on MOTD now.

BTW Hodgson interviewed after the game by Sky reporter ... not one question about his future. Fu*king mental this love-in for him. Imagine what Benitez would be getting thrown at him now if he was in this position.

• Advertisement
Advertisement