Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clouds from Holland

Options
  • 05-01-2011 6:14pm

Any one know if the fire in Netherlands, could affect us over here, weather wise?

The dutch weather service are talking about it, but my dutch isnt the best...:)

Comments

Dutch weather service saying rain tonight. This wont be good for them.
    Acid rain.

They are saying the smell from the Massive chemical cloud can be smelt in rotterdam already.

Its a massive cloud too.

http://www.rtl.nl/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/miMedia/livestream/insa.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

May aswell try rephrase this..

Dont worry Jake, winds arn't progged from the SE.

John.Icy wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy into any of that yet, until it's confirmed by a proper looking website, either BBC or RTE, with proper pictures, it has only been reported on strange looking website's.

Its been all over the news. Bbc also. Did you even look at link or are you just summising? r.

Maybe its all cgi and special effects eh John??
    So obviously you just cant answer the question, but thanks for your imput, useful as always.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

I wouldn't buy into any of that yet, until it's confirmed by a proper looking website, either BBC or RTE, with proper pictures, it has only been reported on strange looking website's.

The link provided looks valid, and now the live coverage has suddenly gone off air!:eek:

EDIT: Our winds wont be originating from there anytime soon so even if there is something dodgey in the fire it shouldnt effect us, i hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12123159 :confused:

Thank you, I was just going to put that link here myself. :)

Apparently we can only trust the BBC...

Jake1 wrote: »
    Its been all over the news. Bbc also. Did you even look at link or are you just summising? r.

Maybe its all cgi and special effects eh John??
    So obviously you just cant answer the question, but thanks for your imput, useful as always.

:rolleyes:

Just found it on BBC, calm down, no need for jabs at me.

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    The link provided looks valid, and now the live coverage has suddenly gone off air!:eek:

EDIT: Our winds wont be originating from there anytime soon so even if there is something dodgey in the fire it shouldnt effect us, i hope.

Thanks for your response Beasterly, thats all I wanted to know really :0 Cheers.

Heres a live link if you are interested. They cut to ads every once and a while.

http://livestreams.omroep.nl/nos/journaal24-bb

Thanks for the PM. John Icy.

Ill bear in mind never to 'insult' you again, even though I read through the thread and can not see where I insulted you.

I rolled my eyes, but thats not an insult.

• Advertisement

There's a storm a brewin', ooops wrong thread:o

John ICY.

I was totally in the wrong there, and I sincerley apologise for going off on you. I was totally out of order. Something else upset me at same time, and I took it out on you. I realise I did come across as insulting and perhaps a bit of a smart arse too.

Please excuse my behaviour.

Sincerely,

Jacqui.

There's a storm a brewin', ooops wrong thread:o

ye bowsy! there is not. I just went off the deep end.
    :o

Anywaaaaaaaaaay, :P

Whats the latest from Holland, streams wont work for me :(

Anywaaaaaaaaaay, :P

Whats the latest from Holland, streams wont work for me :(

I think you should apologise too John in fairness then we can move on.

I think you should apologise too John in fairness then we can move on.

Indeed, apoligies Jake, was harmless but I reacted foolishly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

The dutch weather service are talking about it, but my dutch isnt the best...:)

You can view that website in English using google translate

Indeed, apoligies Jake, was harmless but I reacted foolishly.

Hi John,

(sorry had to go make dinner.)

Thanks so much for accepting my apology. I appreciate your decency.

If you are ever near Lucan, let me buy you a coffee and a cream cake :)

regards,

Jacqui

heres a few pics of the fire that were taken today.

some of them are stunning.

http://gigapica.geenstijl.nl/2011/01/chemical_fire_in_moerdijk_the.html

Stunning Pics :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Love the birds against the black smoke pic.

Yeah I thought the Birds one was very sinsiter looking :):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

No doubt those birds will be dropping out of the sky soon! :O

heres something else creepy :) ever hear of that web bot project? load of bull, but however, they did say this last year allegedly :)

The data sets are now able, due to the far side of the longer term values now extending into 2013, to offer some indications as to the [2012 problem(s)]. It would seem as though the [squeeze] aspect/attribute set is a very key element here. The data sets are indicating that the [galactic core magnetic field] is [squeezing] our [solar system] and everything in it. As we progress further toward the [hunab ku (alignment with galactic center on Dec. 21. 2012], the [squeeze] will become even more severe, which is indicated to cause all manner of problems from [increased magma activity], to [dampened/crushed sun] to a wide range of other [magnetic pressure vessel effects] including [headaches], and [sudden death], and [mass deaths (animals, specifically birds and sea life)]. This last is indicated to include [humans], but unlike the [dead flocks], the [humans] will be [dying] in [disparate] areas, so it will take a while to reconcile the [death rate increase] to the same cause as the [devastation (of) bird life].

:eek: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

NoodleMc wrote: »
    No doubt those birds will be dropping out of the sky soon! :O
    I laughed when I read this:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

heres something else creepy :) ever hear of that web bot project? load of bull, but however, they did say this last year allegedly :)

The data sets are now able, due to the far side of the longer term values now extending into 2013, to offer some indications as to the [2012 problem(s)]. It would seem as though the [squeeze] aspect/attribute set is a very key element here. The data sets are indicating that the [galactic core magnetic field] is [squeezing] our [solar system] and everything in it. As we progress further toward the [hunab ku (alignment with galactic center on Dec. 21. 2012], the [squeeze] will become even more severe, which is indicated to cause all manner of problems from [increased magma activity], to [dampened/crushed sun] to a wide range of other [magnetic pressure vessel effects] including [headaches], and [sudden death], and [mass deaths (animals, specifically birds and sea life)]. This last is indicated to include [humans], but unlike the [dead flocks], the [humans] will be [dying] in [disparate] areas, so it will take a while to reconcile the [death rate increase] to the same cause as the [devastation (of) bird life].

:eek: ;)

Ah here, that has put me in a great mood:rolleyes:

:D:D

At least the sun has been squeezed .... YET!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Does anyone know what caused the fire???

Does anyone know what caused the fire???

Havent heard anything about what caused it, Tony. Could be they need the fire to die down more, before they can get in and find more evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

No known cause yet but they say this

"An investigation into the cause of the blaze is now under way. Civil engineer Jan te Riele told the Financieele Dagblad: 'Disasters usually occur because of mistakes in the production process or the handling of substances.'"

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2011/01/chemical_blaze_smoke_contained.php

Advertisement