Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre car parking

• 05-01-2011 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

I have to head down to Waterford tomorrow, and will probably hit the city sometime in the evening. My company have booked me in to stay in the Fitzwilton, and I understand that there is a very small car park with limited spaces there. Given that there is a good chance that I won't get a space in the hotel car park, I was hoping that someone might be able to recommend a nearby, safe and cheap car park. Will be coming from the M9 direction.

Bear in mind that I am not that familiar with the city, and that my satnav is fairly basic, so would appreciate simpleton directions!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

When you leave the M9 and head into Waterford City over the old bridge - the hotel is directly in front of you. There are car parks if you turn left at the bridge down onto the quays - most of the way down there are car parks.

If you pass by the hotel and take the second left there is a Lidl and a nightclub called "The Forum" which has parking spaces outside. Not an actual car park though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

Thanks Sully. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Sully wrote: »
    When you leave the M9 and head into Waterford City over the old bridge - the hotel is directly in front of you. There are car parks if you turn left at the bridge down onto the quays - most of the way down there are car parks.

If you pass by the hotel and take the second left there is a Lidl and a nightclub called "The Forum" which has parking spaces outside. Not an actual car park though.

Its Aldi not Lidl ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

or try this not many carparks listed in waterford but might help
    http://www.parkopedia.ie/

Advertisement