Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSD installation help!

Options
  • 05-01-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hey.

I was just trying to install an OCZ Vertex 2 120GB 3.5" SSD into a fractal design case and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it. Theres holes on the bottom sides of the SSD that look like there for screws but they have no threads. It has side holes with threads but my case doesnt support side mounted stuff. Why are there no threads in the underside holes on the SSD?

I know im missing something very simple here (ive been up for 28 hours now....long story) but what is it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Never mind, i figured it out....like a boss.....but I wouldnt recomend my way.

Im gonna contact supplier tomorrow to see what the hell kinda set up this was meant to be and why I had to do what I did.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Mine is just sitting on top of the optical drive. Didn't fix it to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Velcro ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Yeah in fairness to them you could even leave it outside the case if you wanted to. As long as there wasn't a strong wind to blow it away.

God bless the (expensive) future! :D

Advertisement