Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clampers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Yawns wrote: »
    I hate clampers! Never mind the guy doing his job, but why do the office crowd always get snotty and be as rude as possible.

I rang and appealed a clamping decision only weeks ago. They told me tough look. I said I wasn't paying as I had just moved into an apartment and hadn't received the permits yet. They knew this as they tried to clamp me the day I moved in so I explained my situation and off they went. As soon as the snow cleared they came and clamped me. I was there about 3 weeks at this stage.

Now I knew they didn't have pics of the windscreen when they clamped me so I claimed I had a permit in the window. I put a neighbour's visit pass in and called them out. Guy refused to take it off after the head office agreed over phone. I re-rang head office and they said they do have pics now of no permit. I demanded pictures be sent to me and the guy got snotty and asked if I was going to pay. I said send me the pics and I will. I never got any pictures.

I got miffed and bought an angle grinder. I'd rather spend the €50 on angle grinder, 2 spare dics, extension cord, gloves and goggles than the €120 per day.

Unfortunately I went out an hour later to cut it off and it was already removed. I say unfortunately cos I was looking forward to the guy coming to check the car and seeing no clamp :D

If you do cut one off in future make sure you have a letter for them telling them of your charges for holding the clamp. I (and several other people I know) now have a notice in the window of the car saying "The owner of this car is not responsible for damage to any equipment attached to the car."

Cover yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I wasn't going to hand it back to them. I was just goign to feign innocence and say the clamp was gone when I came down to car, I assumed they took it off. Was going to get a friend to drop it to garda station saying he found it on roadside :D

The letter is a good 1 and the sign in the window :D

I know it won't work with city council authority clampers and just private ones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Yawns wrote: »
    I wasn't going to hand it back to them. I was just goign to feign innocence and say the clamp was gone when I came down to car, I assumed they took it off. Was going to get a friend to drop it to garda station saying he found it on roadside :D

The letter is a good 1 and the sign in the window :D

I know it won't work with city council authority clampers and just private ones :D

I was thinking about adding some tiny font Ts&Cs too for the laugh. Then I can say "its in he Ts&Cs on the sticker" :)

My main problem with them though is that I have rented the apartment. The people in it have the 2 sickers (Management company wont give me more). So when I call up it only takes minutes for them (they are always hiding somewhere) to come out and clamp when you have gone inside. The tenants have the same problem when they have more than 1 visitor too. They are clamped in minutes.
    Ive now told them if they get clamped call me or a friend who lives a few doors down and one of us will remove the clamp for them. They can just plead ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

daithi2011 wrote: »
    If you do cut one off in future make sure you have a letter for them telling them of your charges for holding the clamp. I (and several other people I know) now have a notice in the window of the car saying "The owner of this car is not responsible for damage to any equipment attached to the car."

Cover yourself.

Also don't forget to superglue the lock in case they change their minds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

daithi2011 wrote: »

Cover yourself.

Maybe something like this :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80393190@N00/5340551651/

5340551651_fbf16a2b3c.jpg
    5340551651_fbf16a2b3c.jpg%22%20width=%22500%22%20height=%22198%22%20alt=%22Clamping

• Advertisement
Advertisement