Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant advice please. . . ?

Options
  • 05-01-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello, I am a time served bookbinder with a national craft certificate that I was awarded after my studies at DIT Bolton street.
    I have spent the last two years trying to convince my employers to allow me to attend a course in print and digital technology management. I have finally managed to convince them to release me for the classes.
    The course comprises of 12 days attendance per year, for two years to achieve diploma qualification, and for four years for degree. (The basis for acceptance for the course is trade experience.)
    I will have to pay for the course myself and take the time at my own expense, so my question is, would I qualify for any kind of grant to assist me with the expense? Or do employers receive any kind of grants or tax concessions for upskilling of staff, if so I may be able to talk to the company about paying for the course and I could pay the company the balance maybe? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement