Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Band

Options
  • 05-01-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a great band for a wedding. Music would have to suit all tastes.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

http://www.thebushers.com/Testimonials.htm

was at a wedding last year, really fantastic night something for everyone - let me know how ya get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

I'll second that, they are brilliant. I have seen them in action many times around Wexford and they always get the crowd going. Definitely the ones if they are available on your date.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

Thanks for the info.

I have booked 'The Groove' and herself is delighted as we didn't think we would get them for new years eve wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LauraLilly

Ryan T wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

I have booked 'The Groove' and herself is delighted as we didn't think we would get them for new years eve wedding.

Hi Ryan T

I have booked The Groove band for my wedding in August, and am curious to know if you have had your wedding yet and if so how they went down with the crowd?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    Lauralilly

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

Hi,

We are not getting married until NYE this year.

Heard them at a wedding about 2 years ago and everyone was on the floor all night.

But I haven't heard them since !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

me and the missus are getting married in september this year and we are getting michael cloke and donna marie sludds they are excellent and they really get the crowed going they either work as a two piece or a four piece band we seen them performing as a two piece in the sea field in ballymoney a few times before we booked them just to make sure they were what we were looking for if you were interested in hearing them i will find out when there playing in the sea filed again so you could go listen to them
    and before any one starts to think i have no affiliation to the band but i can understand how hard it is to find a good band that will play good music because its down to the band to create an atmosphere

Ryan T
    Thanks for reply. I have booked The Groove from Arklow ( George & Martin Byrne) 3 piece band. Is it the same band? Only reason I ask is that I have just found out that there is also band called The Groove Orchestra from Cork, and Groove Academy from Wicklow.....

If its the same band, I went to see them in a pub in Arklow and they sounded good, but was hard to tell what they'd be like at wedding where you need to get people up dancing. So good to know they had people up dancing.

Lauralilly

Thanks Smokin Ace, Yeah would be great if you could let me know when Donna Maire Band next playing? Interested to know approx how much they cost tho as I am on a budget. PM me if you like.

Good Luck to yall with wedding plans.

Advertisement