Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have to go on JSA

• 05-01-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

Me mothers sick and cant really support both me and my sister in college so im gna defer the year and take care of her and hopefully go on BTEA come september/october ;o

Will it be straightforward showing up and signing on or will i have to go through all the application bull****e again?
    also i cant find my card will they give me a new one

also what days are counted is it monday to sat or mon to fri? i need 234 days or something to be eligible for btea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

mrDerek wrote: »
    Me mothers sick and cant really support both me and my sister in college so im gna defer the year and take care of her and hopefully go on BTEA come september/october ;o

Will it be straightforward showing up and signing on or will i have to go through all the application bull****e again?
    also i cant find my card will they give me a new one

also what days are counted is it monday to sat or mon to fri? i need 234 days or something to be eligible for btea

To qualify for jobseekers' allowance you need to be able to be available for work, which you won't be- so you probably should be applying for carer's benefit/allowance instead. However, there are strict qualifying conditions
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/carers/carers_allowance.html, you would still be able to attend an education/training course for up to 15hrs a week while on carers' allowance, and time spent on carer's allowance would be eligible towards the period counted for BTEA.

However, you would need to check the qualifying conditions for BTEA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

shes not incapacitated tho its mainly the she cant finance both of us im still young so its not too big a deal if i defer this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

If she does not require constant supervision or help with dressing/eating and getting about then it is unlikely you would qualify for carer's allowance.

However, if you are applying for jobseekers' allowance, they will be keen to ascertain that you are available for work and actively seeking work.

If you cannot find your social security card, then you will have to apply for a new one-the link I provided above will also have information about applying for jobseekers' allowance and qualifying conditions for BTEA.

Advertisement