Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MySql Server

• 05-01-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi, just looking for some advice here. Looking for mysql server to be put on the server at work as i'm currently using ms access and want to move away from that to allow more alternative mainstream options.

As I do some development and not know too much about the server side maintenance I am just wondering can the free package that i installed on my laptop be put on the server without buying a licence?

Any other tips or light shed on the situation would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Yes you can install a free MySQL server on the server. If you want to connect from MS Access, install an ODBC driver on your computer and make sure that the server allows incoming connections on port 3306. Also make sure that the MySQL server will accept connections from your laptop to whatever database(s) you want to use - MySQL is kinda anal that way ;)

Advertisement