Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1m Waterford Lotto ticket still unclaimed

• 05-01-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

The National Lottery says the holder of a €1m winning Lotto ticket from New Year's Day has not yet turned up to claim the jackpot prize.
    The winning ticket was sold in Tesco in Ballybeg in Waterford on 9 December.
    Each year around €20m worth of prizes go unclaimed, around 2% of sales, which go back into special draws at different times of the year.
    Each winner has 90 days from the day of the draw to collect a prize.
    The draw on New Year's Day was a 'Millionaire's Draw'.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0105/lotto.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Probably a cousin of a family living in a nearby camping site,gone back to England now i heard :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd be sick, cause whoever lost it surely knows it's lost. Like people only buy one of them and you'd surely remember where.

Hopefully theyvare just waiting or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

If that was me, I would still be sitting there, with the ticket in my hand,
    staring at it, in shock......

Oh i wish it was me !:D

According to beat a syndicate of 8 people from town won it. Nice ending.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Celebrations are being held at a Waterford venue tonight (Wednesday) by Ireland's newest lotto millionaires.

Beat 102-103 has learned that a syndicate of eight people from a company based in Waterford City has scooped the €1 million New Year's Day 'Millionaire' jackpot. The company is involved in the food trade.

The National Lottery issued a statement earlier today, and said that the winner had not yet turned up to claim the jackpot prize.

The winning ticket was sold in Tesco in Ballybeg in Waterford on 9 December. The Waterford syndicate have 86 days left to collect the prize.

http://www.beat102103.com/news-and-sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

€125k each is a nice haul. I always like seeing syndicates winning so that more than one person benefits. Wonder when it'll become public what company they're from and who they are.

It'll come out, only thing going for them is €125k is enough that you'd prob get away with hiding it handy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

delighted for them :D They only found out this afternoon and are out celebrating as we speak .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Great news, the city could do with some good news lately.. delighted for them.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Was on Billy Mac this morning. IIRC Joan Brady part of the syndicate was on. It's some business in one of the parks out on the 6 Cross Roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Brady meats. used to be up on the yellow road but moved to the 6 cross roads a few years ago.

Delighted for them,

Sickening thing is I did one of those €20 things on the same day in a different shop. If I had won I would have shared it with the 8 highest post counts on the fourm :)

It's deadly to have a bit of good news around the town.

Advertisement