Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA Colour changing LED lights (40 quid).

Options
  • 05-01-2011 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

I was intending to purchase these IKEA DIODER lights some time or later, however I was browsing around in IKEA today and stumbled across them with a reduced price to 39.99 from 59.00

They are available in circular shape or strip shape,(both the same price) there are 4 lights in a pack.I personally prefer the circular shape as they are easier to place and look nicer. They can emit 7 different colours through bright LED's, with 4 different modes, eg steady on, quick change, fade. They are also available in plain white. Theres meters upon meters of wire so there shouldnt be problems placing them where you want em.

Heres the IKEA link for further info: Note the price is still 59, but in store they are reduced to 39.99.

Note: You have to ask a staff member for an order form and collect them after purchase incase anyone starts looking around the storeroom for them.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/70119425
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/30119408

Heres some examples of what you can do with them.

Strip version

3619440468_4fa7e40397.jpg

Circular shape

4957755736_109efcb4bb.jpg

Or even put them under your bed.

3777373218_5d3870716f.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Look kind of cool, think I'd want to be opening a strip club or something to justify it though. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Look kind of cool, think I'd want to be opening a strip club or something to justify it though. :p

LOL whats wrong with that . ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I got these as a substitute for a Philips ambilight as they gradually phase between colours. They're the business, my eyes were going mental with a dark background behind the LCD telly..

The striplights are a total B***h to put up though,, in the end I bought Velcro tape..

Well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭baileyjackson

damn, i just bought these before crimbo. didnt expect them to go down...

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Ooooh hope they are still that price when I head back to IReland next week. Get the birthday presents in early for the bf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Armelodie wrote: »
    I got these as a substitute for a Philips ambilight as they gradually phase between colours. They're the business, my eyes were going mental with a dark background behind the LCD telly..

The striplights are a total B***h to put up though,, in the end I bought Velcro tape..

Well worth it

Gotta ask what that word is supposed to be.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Soarer wrote: »
    Gotta ask what that word is supposed to be.:confused:

Female of the canine species maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

webels wrote: »
    Female of the canine species maybe?

But of course.

tis a slow day!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors