Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School - which?

Options
  • 05-01-2011 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi, we are new to the Kiltimagh area and would appreciate recommendations on local schools. Kiltimagh? Claremorris (boys & girls)? Which school has which reputation? We are happy if you help out. Anna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Excellent Primary(St. Aidens NS) and Secondary (St. Louis Community School) Schools in Kiltimagh. No need to bring your kids to another town!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I live in Kiltimagh. Both the National School and Secondary are excellent schools, among the best around. The national school is relatively new as well so is very modern. Both are co-ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Joeline

Thanks for your comments. Can you tell me what makes them excellent schools in particular?

Excellent and dedicated principals and teachers.
    Wide range of subjects and activities.
    Proven results records for many years.
    Excellent facilities.

Why not go and meet the principals. Both are very approachable, totally committed and very dynamic people dedicated to the youth of the area.

I did go and meet them, of course. ;-)

• Advertisement

Joeline wrote: »
    I did go and meet them, of course. ;-)

And how did u find them??

I also feel as a parent that it is a mistake to send children to a school away from their own home place. (Without good reason, of course!!) I see some of my friends have sent their kids to school in other towns and they have lost contact with the kids in their own community. I personally think that its not good and doesn't lend itself to a sense of community for the future!

I agree on the community argument and with the school mates living far away if you send the kids to school in another town, that´s an obvious down. Well, about St. Louis: It just makes me think, if I ask "Why?" (obviously my favourite question ;-)) and can´t get a better answer than simply "Because!" :-) Then again, with so many people praising the school, I must consider that it might be just me and therfor am open to other´s minds.

Well, I work in Kiltimagh and am aware of people from other towns sending their children to school in the town. I am well aware of the good reports as I mentioned above. Equally, I am not aware of adverse comments and reasons to send children to a school in a distant town.

Kiltimagh has a great sense of community and pride of place. In this context, community can only exist and benefit the individuals who comprise it, if people in that community support it. That means supporting the services in the community in the knowledge that they in return will support you and your family. I hope that makes sense.

But you are not working in Kiltimagh School, are you? ;-) Like I said, I agree on your community argument and am furthermore willing to support it in every sensible way.

No no, I don't work in the school so my opinion is objective!!

I can guarantee that you won't be sorry for sending your children to either school in the town.

Welcome to Kiltimagh by the way.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gooogle

i went to st. louis kiltimagh secondary school. great range of subjects and i got excellent results in my leaving cert. quite strict and students are well disciplined.

Advertisement