Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miele price comparison

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

cant find it on DID website or Harvey Norman but they are authorised Miele dealers. Perhaps not a model they normally do hence the premium price tag

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

It wasn't really a knock against DID, I'd imagine he just looked up the RRP in a catalogue and quoted me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

uberwolf wrote: »
    €1849 per quote directly from Miele and also from DID over the phone

€496 less at todays exchange rate if I had an address 70 miles north of here

I rang Miele on it, the only issue she raised on the blower was that Miele Ireland wouldn't honour my Miele UK warranty. Condescending wouldn't being to describe her tone.

Isn't that against EU law or something ?

There was an issue like that with people who purchased cars in Europe then imported them into the UK IIRC .... open to correction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Good price difference - these guys should be able to deliver down here http://www.samsyerman.co.uk/productdetails.asp?ProdID=4362

A manufacturers warranty is in ADDITION to your statutory rights which are valid throughout the EU.

Anyway, a Miele rarely breaks down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

the only issue she raised on the blower was that Miele Ireland wouldn't honour my Miele UK warranty. Condescending wouldn't begin to describe her tone.

nothing unusual there, Miele Ireland won't send their technicians out to fix yours if it goes wrong but you will be entitled to bring it back to the shop you bought it in and have it repaired by Miele UK / Retailler who actually sold the item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

whippet wrote: »
    nothing unusual there, Miele Ireland won't send their technicians out to fix yours if it goes wrong but you will be entitled to bring it back to the shop you bought it in and have it repaired by Miele UK / Retailler who actually sold the item.

Surely with a white good like a washing machine you're not expected to bring it back for a warranty repair and doesn't the Single Market mean that a warranty given in one EU country has to be honoured in any other EU country where that manufacturer operates?

I used to work for a multinational and we were able to do that warranty blackmail if someone was threatening to import one of our boxes from outside the EU but if they bought anywhere in the EU and dropped it into Ireland we had to honour the warranty as if they had bought it in Ireland.

That said, I agree with 91011, a Miele hardly ever breaks down, I got 17 years out of my last Miele washing machine and never had any problem until it finally wore out, on my second one now.

91011 wrote: »
    Good price difference - these guys should be able to deliver down here http://www.samsyerman.co.uk/productdetails.asp?ProdID=4362

I had rung them earlier in the day, they were cheaper by 200 bills or so. Currys.co.uk were cheaper by another 100 before I found a series of places selling it for 1350-1400 euro, of whom M&S were the most reputable.

I've asked samsyerman to price match and mailed them the M&S link. So hopefully. I'll pay a paddy premium to maintain jobs, but not to maintain a plush citywest showroom for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

€1849 per quote directly from Miele and also from DID over the phone

€496 less at todays exchange rate if I had an address 70 miles north of here

and M&S are hardly the big electrical discounters. I rang Miele on it, the only issue she raised on the blower was that Miele Ireland wouldn't honour my Miele UK warranty. Condescending wouldn't begin to describe her tone.

Need an address up North Uberwolf?

pm me if so, I could prob arrange free delivery via my work to you too.
    Simply because I'm a nice guy (don't expect paid!)

Ouch - bad news for you.

M&S have increased to £1399 (sale over) and the consumer exchange rate is now €1.24 (changed from 1.19 last Monday)

So price in euros from M&S is now €1735.

I'd say a bit of haggling with DID will get you down to about €1750 incl delivery with local service if something goes wrong.

That's €380 yo yos gone in a week - suddenly the Irish price seems OK.

Gucky wrote: »
    Need an address up North Uberwolf?

pm me if so, I could prob arrange free delivery via my work to you too.
    Simply because I'm a nice guy (don't expect paid!)

very kind of you to offer
    Ouch - bad news for you.

M&S have increased to £1399 (sale over) and the consumer exchange rate is now €1.24 (changed from 1.19 last Monday)

So price in euros from M&S is now €1735.

I'd say a bit of haggling with DID will get you down to about €1750 incl delivery with local service if something goes wrong.

That's €380 yo yos gone in a week - suddenly the Irish price seems OK.

:O

wow. Nonetheless UK still has comparable prices available
    http://www.pricerunner.hughesdirect.co.uk/household-appliances/washer-dryer/mie-wt2780/product
    http://www.homegoods.co.uk/appliance/1782/Miele/WT2780.html

who deliver to NI (for a fee)

and available from some others who don't deliver into NI

• Advertisement

You're still looking at €1600+ plus additional cost of delivery from NI to you in ROI and then if there's something wrong with it, you'll have some hassles.

Every now and again DID have 10% or 11% off everything - try haggling with them based on this and you may get it for under €1700 + free delivery.

Overall, its no longer a rip-off contender as you are comparing a discounted UK price with a rrp here.

Comparing UK rrp & Irish rrp has a difference of less than 5% - hardly a rip-off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 20Tommy

German customers who purchase/import their machines from germany to this state, have no problem getting warranties honoured. Miele Ireland Ltd, will have no choice but to honour the machine warranty if purchased from the UK. Write to the CEO and get him to put it in writing that they will not honour the warranty. Then complain to Miele in Germany. You will find you will no get a letter from Miele Ireland Ltd.

If I purchase a Miele in Uk, and move to Ireland, Miele claim they will service it and they willg. As our government ministers say shop around, and but where you get the best value.

While Miele machines do not give a lot of trouble, their initial setting up sometimes needs attention. Ensure you have sufficient water pressure.

By the way the retailer in the State in Miele Ireland Ltd, they do the selleing through the local authorised shoup, deliver etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Got a Smeg a couple of years ago from the UK, checked beforehand that Smeg Ireland would honour warranty/servicing etc. and they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Miele developed a leak due to frost, Miele fixed it under warranty but charged for the part... almost €75 inc VAT. Rang a supplier for the part number used, €4.50 plus VAT. Granted the part for 4.50 was not genuine Miele part, but why the mark-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Every now and again DID have 10% or 11% off everything

When they do, they always state "excludes Miele & Apple products".

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

I buy all of my household white goods / major electricial applicances from a particular place up north. I have saved literally 1000's possibly 10,000+ over the years. I have often done price comparisons with mainland UK on-line and these guys still beat them! They deliver to dublin a few times a week and I think the price (last time I used them) was about £20 or something like that (possibly depends on what you are buying).

As regards service, I can honestly say that they are A1. I had a washing machine (expensive one unfortunatley) pack in and required a part (almost as expensive as a new machine!), the machine was a year out of warranty, but these lads sorted me out FOC for the price of the delivery truch down and back. You wouldn't get ANYONE in the south doing that for you these days!

Anyway, the do Miele gear to I think. If anyone wants details, just PM me.
    Jab

PS - I dont work for them! I just was always impressed by their prices and more recently their remarkable service. I vote with my feet, so should others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Pinkeye123456

Guys and girls retailers in Ireland have no control over Miele prices at all, you place an order with the retailer we order from Miele and Miele delivers direct to the customer (delivery included in the price) (install extra 78Euro) Retailers are not aloud discount Miele prices as we are not aloud de-value there product. You get the same price from buying direct from Miele Ireland as you do from buying from a Retailer (D.I.D, Power City, Expert) :)

The only reason you would have a problem with water pressure would usualy be because you live in an apartment block.. and you probably only getting half bar pressure most houses get 1 bar pressure which is fine for most washers, best to buy Zanuss if you only have half bar the work the best with low water pressure

A manufacturers warranty is in ADDITION to your statutory rights which are valid throughout the EU.

Anyway, a Miele rarely breaks down.

Just checks this website, not much difference in price of Miele stock, much better off shopping closer to home,

Just checks this website, not much difference in price of Miele stock, much better off shopping closer to home,
    whippet wrote: »

Problem with that is you would have to return to the north with the washer/dryer/dishwasher leave it with the retailer wait for it to be repaired (probable take 48 hours before engineer would be available) (Most washers/dishwasher have to be plumbed in so engineer can see the fault and they wont be able to plum in in a shop! oh and then you would have to come back to collect whenever its repaired!! Really not worth the trouble! Buy Local save yourselves the headache

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

The only reason you would have a problem with water pressure would usualy be because you live in an apartment block.. and you probably only getting half bar pressure most houses get 1 bar pressure which is fine for most washers, best to buy Zanuss if you only have half bar the work the best with low water pressure

zannussi are the worst with low pressure - auto timeout on low pressure

78 euro for install ? you obviously work for did electrical? - dearest install around by untrained operatives - a trained plumber or electrician (for cookers ) wouldn't charge that much

miele only charge 60 euro

Every retailer in Ireland who sell miele are on 14% commission
    prices are set and can't be adjusted

knighted_1 wrote: »

zannussi are the worst with low pressure - auto timeout on low pressure

78 euro for install ? you obviously work for did electrical? - dearest install around by untrained operatives - a trained plumber or electrician (for cookers ) wouldn't charge that much

miele only charge 60 euro

Every retailer in Ireland who sell miele are on 14% commission
    prices are set and can't be adjusted

miele only charge 60 euro!
    Your wrong and i was wrong with 78 Euro they actually charge 79Euro when you buy through a retailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

U nailed it when you said buy thru a retailer - miele only charge 60 euro the retailer takes the rest

so you do work for did electrical ?

knighted_1 wrote: »
    U nailed it when you said buy thru a retailer - miele only charge 60 euro the retailer takes the rest

so you do work for did electrical ?

No...but I have bought alot from them in the past. I assume u work for an electrical retailer?

Advertisement