Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Secure & Well Priced Router Please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

who_ru wrote: »
    can someone please point me in the right direction to a router that is secure & affordable?

What do you mean by "secure"???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

This belkin one seems to be good, from reviews anyway.

But the upgraded version of the router you linked is cheaper on pixmania also. Here's the E3000 bundled with a N wireless adapter, the adapter is only an extra euro. They also have that router on komplett but it's not in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Belkin are to be avoided.

The WRT54G is old, but probably the most recommended router going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

OP which broadband provider are you using? just that both the router you linked to, and jor el's recommendation are for cable internet, not DSL modem/router combo like the N1 Vision.

the router that jor el linked to can be loaded with a firmware callee dd-wrt which brings some amazing functionality to the router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

hi

thanks for responses - UPC provide broadband services in my area so it would be a cable router i'm after.

looks like that old linksys one might do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

You will receive the Cisco EPC2425 from UPC when you sign up. You can change some settings on the EPC2425 in order to use the Linksys modem (the one on amazon) with it, but bear in mind doing that will render the Gigabit connections useless, as the Cisco only supports 10/100m over ethernet. Changing the Cisco EPC2425's settings so it will bridge the connection to the Linksys will also render the phone ports uselss, if you are planning on getting Phone with UPC also.

Advertisement