Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop wireless trouble

Options
  • 05-01-2011 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi, I have recently had a new UPC 10mb connection set up, with Scientific Atlanta 2203 modem and my own Tenda W311R+ router. (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169923)

I am connecting an HTC Desire phone and a Lenovo x200 tablet to it.
    Using an ethernet cable, the Lenovo connects fine and speedtest shows results as it should for 10mb.
    Using wireless however, there is a problem. The HTC can connect fine wirelessly, with speedtest showing 9.69Download, 0.89Upload and ping 52ms on the phone. But my Lenovos connection is awful, everything is slow, webpage loading, videos won`t stream, and speedtest doesnt work properly.

The Lenovo uses an Intel Wifi Link 5100 AGN wireless card, and has been able to work wirelessly on other connections in the past without fault.
    The router transmits an N150 signal, so the Lenovo should support it, and I have tried the connection over many channels, using inSSIDer to look for free ones. As I cannot access any controls for the 2203 modem, the Tenda router handles all properties. DHCP is enabled on the Tenda, I`m using UPCs DNS, but I`ve also tried Googles DNS to no avail. I`m at my wits end now, any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to Wireless, because whatever the problem is, it's nothing to do with your broadband.

It seems to be a problem between the Lenovo and the Tenda router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭u60gypx5jakoti

Any ideas on what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

What channel you use and what channels are used by your neighbours?

Get ubuntu livecd/pendrive and test your wifi under linux. If it's OK with ubuntu it means that it's a windows problem. If you'll have the same problem with ubuntu it means that it might be router related.

Advertisement