Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No pressure Martial Arts in Galway

• 05-01-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could fix my problem, I'm very interested in joining a martial arts club but there are so many things in my way. The first one is that I work completely irregular hours with days/nights and day shifts and night shifts per week. I only find out my rota for the following week on sunday. I cant commit to a particular day per week as of yet but this is what has put me off joining a club for years. At this point I don't care what type of martial arts I do as long as I get a club that understands I'm serious about training I just cant be there sometimes. Also what's the going rate for a class/term or whatever. Don't want to waste peoples time in responding if the price is totally out of my league. HELP PLEASE WITH THIS NEW YEARS RESOLUTION!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Hi Fonzy, we have beginners classes in Muaythai (Thai boxing) on Tue and Thur from 6.30-8pm and it costs €7 per class. We also have an open class on Sat from 1-3pm where people can catch up or work on what needs attention. We do have some guys in a similar situation so that is not a problem.

There are also classes in Filipino martial arts which is more weapons based if that is where your interest lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 davidmcginty

try out www.pointblankgym.ie its a mixed martial arts gym. you can train thai boxing wrestling and my favourite Bjj. there are classes on monday,tues,thurs eve and at twelve on sat morn. Imo its a great place to train with a great atmosphere great results and caters for all levels. hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Dave, where are ye based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Tae Kwon Do in Renmore, Mondays at 7pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭MBateson

Try Aikido in any of the clubs in Galway, you can attend whenever you like.

Creaven House at the Spanish Arch on Tuesdays\Fridays at 8. Contact Pat 087 6565635

Aikido in Oldenway Business Park, Ballybrit, Tuesdays and Fridays around 7.30 or 8, can't remember which. Ronan is the instructor but I can't locate his number.

Also on in Kingfisher NUIG at this website including some lunchtimes http://www.clubs.nuigalway.ie/clubs/club_profile.php?id=64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Damo W

Hi,

Why not give Koryu Uchinadi Kenpo-jutsu a go.

Check out www.ku-galway.com

Classes, Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday and Thursday (sometines Fridays) and monthly larger gatherings on Saturdays.

Or www.koryu-uchinadi.com for more info.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

JJayoo wrote: »

In Parkmore (back of the racecourse)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Hey JJayoo, not sure if you're asking me or David McGinty but just in case we're in Liosban Industrial Estate beside Golfstyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭black dragon

www.blackdragon.ie - open 6 days per week

Advertisement