Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booking ref. for Aer Lingus flight

• 05-01-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice please - not sure how, but I seem to have deleted the itinerary email sent to me from AL (along with booking ref.) a few months back - this is for flights to Berlin for 4 people in March.

The AL website offers to re-send the email but of course you have to know your booking ref. in order to avail of this service ! Equally, if I call the numbers listed on their site, all you get is option 1, option 2, option 3 recorded messages, and if you follow them through, all they end up telling you is to go to their website and request a re-send of the email.

It seems impossible to actually talk to a human being in the company to try to get the situation resolved.

I emailed the "bookingsen" email address that issues the itinerary emails - whilst my email appears to have been received, that was some days ago and still no response.

Although I'm not due to travel for over 2 months yet, I'd like to get this sorted out asap - anyone got any ideas how I discover what my booking reference number is ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

I think you better off going to Dublin Airport if you don't mind driving and go into Aer Lingus ticket desk and ask that you lost the booking ref and show your passport or other ID. I sure this only take a few minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Equally, if I call the numbers listed on their site, all you get is option 1, option 2, option 3 recorded messages, and if you follow them through, all they end up telling you is to go to their website and request a re-send of the email.

Try a different option until to speak to a live person?
    I emailed the "bookingsen" email address that issues the itinerary emails - whilst my email appears to have been received, that was some days ago and still no response.

Automated email address. They won't be read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭steve-o

If you check-in at the airport, you never need your booking reference unless there's another person with the same name on your flight.

Regardless, if you really really want your reference, just wait a while. A few weeks before your travel date they'll send at least 2 more emails to you in an attempt to get you to pay for exit seats, rent a car etc. and those emails will have your reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

steve-o wrote: »
    If you check-in at the airport, you never need your booking reference unless there's another person with the same name on your flight.

Regardless, if you really really want your reference, just wait a while. A few weeks before your travel date they'll send at least 2 more emails to you in an attempt to get you to pay for exit seats, rent a car etc. and those emails will have your reference.

I know you don't specifically need the ref. no. to check in at the airport but you still need the email as your eticket

I did think about just waiting for a follow-up email but couldn't recall ALWAYS getting such a reminder in the past, but I guess that's the easiest option given my situation - thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

do aer lingus not usually put this on your credit card statement when they take the money? it's been a while since i booked al, i know ryanair do though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

jrar wrote: »
    I know you don't specifically need the ref. no. to check in at the airport but you still need the email as your eticket

If you use the check in machines at Dublin Airport you only need your passport. They'll print boarding passes for you so you won't need any other bits of paper.

I can, of course, understand you concern about not having the details in front of you just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭steve-o

Random wrote: »
    do aer lingus not usually put this on your credit card statement when they take the money? it's been a while since i booked al, i know ryanair do though.
    Yep, Aer Lingus do it too.

Advertisement