Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

180 litre stocking help

Options
  • 05-01-2011 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

have a 180l tank (36 inch *18 inch)

looking for stocking ideas. want a community tank. want to have a tank with 1-2 fish as centre pieces and surrounded by others.

would like to have 3-4 different type fish over all.

any suggestions on the main (centre pieces )fish for the tank.?

have kept aggressive cichlids up to now so would like acichlid if possible but are there any types that suit community tanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Yes :) have a look at dwarf cichlids there are some great ones there but they are a little hard to get i loved the ones i had but they are too small to be a centre piece fish they might go well with an angel or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Where you based OP?

To be honest the variety is so enormously huge the best bet is to find a good local shop and browse and chat to the guys there to see what they can supply you.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

For a three foot tank I would think in terms of level- some bottom dwellers-maybe a few small corydoras catfish plus a pair of bristlenose catfish. then some Swordtails or platies and some glowlite tetras. For the centre piece fish what about a pair of Lace Gouramis.

If you go for some big cichlids( I haven't kept them myself- what are the chances of them eating the smaller fish?

Advertisement