Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sibelius

• 05-01-2011 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

My music teacher told us to bring in our laptops, we got Sibelius on them, and the class doesn't know why we have it!
    So, why do I have it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

I don't do music myself, but could it be for the Music Technology section of the course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Music technology probably. It's a music notation program.

I don't actually do Music for the LC, I've used sibelius though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Hey I do Music and it is indeed one of the programmes that you use for Music Technology. You can now practise your chosen pieces and practise writing them up, changing tempo, key signature etc. It is astounding that we can ge 25% of our Leaving Cert. guaranteed by using a simple computer programme! It is savage :D :P

25% of your exam for remembering a piece of music and writing it out on sibelius? =/
    Damn I should've done Music for my LC :pac:

No you don't have to remember it, you bring it in put it on your lap and copy it note for note :L it's a joke!! You get 5% for saving the file and opening it up again hahahhaa :L

• Advertisement

No you don't have to remember it, you bring it in put it on your lap and copy it note for note :L it's a joke!! You get 5% for saving the file and opening it up again hahahhaa :L
    o_O

Why did I not do LC Music...

That's so easy it's almost obscene.

I always thought Music technology had to do with actual production like compression and equalising.

Nah nah tis real easy! :L ha.. The average for your practical that people recievfe is 86% so that equals 86% of 50 which is

43%.. A D3 without sitting ANY paper!! It's brilliant! If your anyway muscial you would be aiming for a B2+..

Advertisement