Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about applying for an exemption for module exam!

Options
  • 05-01-2011 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Ok guys, just thought Id ask and see if anyone had any experience with applying for exemptions for personal/medical reasons!

In my final year of my course at the moment and have had some personal issues at the start of the year which really badly affected me in the module I was taking at the time! Long story short, I got in touch with the relevant lecturers/year head etc and told them how stressed I was and that I wanted out before it killed me!

I am able to continue with the rest of this years studies and repeat just this module next year but due to the fact that I essentially failed through non completion, the exam board will be capping the repeated module, ie taking it down by a grade! It was originally thought that it would just be that module that would be brought down by a grade but as it turns out it will be my whole Degree result!

UNLESS... I can prove that for medical/personal reasons that I can be granted an exemption. An exemption will mean no downgrading of my final Degree result! But how do I do this?
    I will have to go through the college Registrar but anyone any ideas how I can make a viable case for exemption!? I really dont want to have to compromise the level of my final Degree if I can help it! It will be June 2012 now when I graduate, and wiithout all the friends I have become so close to, but I was so upset and distressed at the time that college suffered hugely!

If anyone has experience of info Id appreciate!

Advertisement