Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help setting up UPC broadband

• 05-01-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭

I am pulling my hair out here , I got a UPC modem for broadband today and it's been hours and I still have no Internet
    I've connected the modem cisco epc 2425 to the pc but the lights are still flashing on the front and it says that it can't commuicate with the dns
    Is there anything I can do

I've established that there is a cable connection there as I connected a portable tv and was able to watch the analogue channels

Any help would be much appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I am pulling my hair out here , I got a UPC modem for broadband today and it's been hours and I still have no Internet
    I've connected the modem cisco epc 2425 to the pc but the lights are still flashing on the front and it says that it can't commuicate with the dns
    Is there anything I can do

I've established that there is a cable connection there as I connected a portable tv and was able to watch the analogue channels

Any help would be much appreciated

I assume that you chose the self install option because it's cheaper. However, you don't have the skills to perform the operation?

Did you get the modem from UPC or someone else?
    Did you get any other device?
    Have you connected the UPC cable to the modem?
    What lights are on / off / blinking?

Don't connect your PC to the modem yet, until we have the correct lights lighting up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

I didn't choose the self install option it was posted out to me instead of being installed I just said I'd try do it myself rather than waiting on UPC to come out
    I have the modem connected to my pc via Ethernet cable and yes it's connected to the cable box as a sIngle connection ( no splitter)

I have a steady power light , Ethernet light and link light
    The us light is flashing
    I should mention too it was a new connection ordered as the area has only been upgraded

Also meat to mention I got 2 modems one cisco and a scientific Atlantic but I assumed that the SA was a mistake as I also got 2 welcome letters with them one for wireless broadband and one for standard broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Make sure they don't charge you twice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I didn't choose the self install option it was posted out to me instead of being installed I just said I'd try do it myself rather than waiting on UPC to come out
    I have the modem connected to my pc via Ethernet cable and yes it's connected to the cable box as a sIngle connection ( no splitter)

I have a steady power light , Ethernet light and link light
    The us light is flashing
    I should mention too it was a new connection ordered as the area has only been upgraded

Fair enough, apologies.

There is nothing you can do. You have to ring UPC. They will need to twin the MAC address of the modem to your account. Without that it won't work. Chances are, broadband isn't even enabled on your line until the engineer comes out, or you ring UPC. 1909, I believe.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help I'll give them a ring tomorrow and get it sorted , hopefully :)

Advertisement