Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New weather Station Close to Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

haha, shameless plug indeed. I'm interested in your graphs though, are you uploading through cumulus?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

whitesands wrote: »
    haha, shameless plug indeed. I'm interested in your graphs though, are you uploading through cumulus?

I use VWS (howthweather) on don't know what himself is using

He is using cumulus, I know by looking at his page.

Is VWS free software?

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Did he put the thermometer in the freezer because the lowest recorded temp is shown as -27 with the highest min being -10, and then apparantely it was 29c at 3 oclock today?:confused:
    Good slagging there with a wind speed on 271 knot (a bit close to the end of the runway) I think that was an initial calibraion been done. I fairness I think he only got the equipment 3 day ago and to get the DN registared and online so quick is not to be sneezed at !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

cram1971 wrote: »
    Good slagging there with a wind speed on 271 knot (a bit close to the end of the runway) I think that was an initial calibraion been done. I fairness I think he only got the equipment 3 day ago and to get the DN registared and online so quick is not to be sneezed at !

I was only jokin, sorry.:o

• Advertisement

He is using cumulus, I know by looking at his page.

Is VWS free software?

No it should be tho!

It is good but not very user friendly and not cheap compared to other stuff out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

cram1971 wrote: »
    It is good but not very user friendly and not cheap compared to other stuff out there

Good graphics but it's full pro price is on par from what I looked at.

Paying for a trial version is just too funny though ~ so I suspect it's easily broken. :)

IMO ~ none of the weather station software are intuitive, it helps if you've been though DOS as the PC began back in 1994/5 and one does need to know a few other parameters that may elude and totally confuse a beginner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnnyfoley

Thanks for the plug Cram-ster. Yep, I'm using Cumulus, obviously - but it won't be obvious for too long as I'm going to make my own custom pages and re-draw the dials and graphs.

As for the erroneous readings, I'm not sure whether that's because I keep pulling it apart or whether Cumulus is a bit buggy - either way, it's damn fine software for donation-ware and the odd 400kt reading won't make me lose any sleep.

Thanks for the plug Cram-ster. Yep, I'm using Cumulus, obviously - but it won't be obvious for too long as I'm going to make my own custom pages and re-draw the dials and graphs.

When your finished you can do mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

As for the erroneous readings, I'm not sure whether that's because I keep pulling it apart or whether Cumulus is a bit buggy - either way, it's damn fine software for donation-ware and the odd 400kt reading won't make me lose any sleep.

Cumulus is good - as well as setting up your webpage, you can set it up to automatically post weather tweets to a twitter account. E.g. just google "via Sandaysoft" and you'll see others doing this.

But more importantly - what equipment are you using? You should put this on the webpage as a WH1080/1081/1090 etc. may not be as trustworthy as a Vantage Pro 2 or whatever.

Edit... I see it's a LaCrosse WS2300...missed that somehow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Anyone know who has the malahide station? It always seems to be way out compared to nearby stations . . .

Anyone know who has the malahide station? It always seems to be way out compared to nearby stations . . .

It says on the site Broadmeadows Yacht Club which is right on the estuary so it is probably affected by the water temp.

Also mentions they use a vantage pro so should be fairly accurate

Here's a hint for ya, if you want to edit that page do it on your pc, it's indexT.htm you need to edit, your wasting your time editing the index page on the server, it will just be overwritten.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Here's a hint for ya, if you want to edit that page do it on your pc, it's indexT.htm you need to edit, your wasting your time editing the index page on the server, it will just be overwritten.

Thats good advice as when i was setting up my website i couldn't understand why the changes weren't staying on the page. Cumulus is great software and you can edit the main page as much as you like. When i started i was just using the basic page but its changed so much since then. Possibilities are endless.

Advertisement